• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Phone Call About Donald Trump New Venture

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of networking and selling through different methods. The person mentions leaving catalogs and business cards at their hairdresser's shop but has not received any response. They also discuss a phone call from someone trying to sell them something unrelated to their business and their reluctance to deal with MLM/pyramid schemes. They mention experiences with similar companies and the skepticism surrounding them. They also mention a strange phone call from someone wanting them to participate in vendor events and their discomfort with the situation. The conversation ends with a discussion about a business that claims to be the best but has not delivered on its promises after three years.
babywings76
Gold Member
My hairdresser let me leave old catalogs and business cards at her shop. So far I haven't had anything come from that. Last time I went in for a cut, she asked if I'd gotten any bites from it. I told her no. She was surprised cause she said that some people did in fact take my info.

So I get this call yesterday. This lady says, "Hi Amanda, I understand we have the same hairdresser!" I start getting excited...Then she says, "Well, I'm not interested in anything with Pampered Chef." I said, "Oh?" Then she says, "I'm wondering if you'd be interested in hearing about what Donald Trump is up to these days?" I could tell by her tone, it was some sort of sales pitch on the way and I was tight on time, so I told her that I was sorry and that I wasn't interested. Then I kicked myself later, because being the nosey person I am, I was actually curious what on earth it really was about. :D So I just now googled it and found this:

http://networkmarket.meetup.com/boards/thread/2221125

Have any of you heard of this before? I just think it's odd.

Sounds fishy to me. I don't deal with people who won't tell me what their business really is all about in just a few minutes. If I have to listen to someone else describe it, big red flags go up!

This experience does make me think though, that I should do something different w/ the old catalogs I leave behind. I need there to be some sort of incentive for people to call me, book a show, or go on-line. Maybe I'll do those other old catty stickers that I posted about a long time ago. Need to assess what might work.

I have heard of DT's "plan". A neighbor's daughter went to a seminar here in AZ about 9 months ago. It's a MLM/pyramid. Basically, you buy in for like $500+ and have to sell wireless services or something.

Don't bother checking into it. You did a good thing by not letting them give you their "talk".

I really don't like ACN. The people I have come across who do it feel slimy and sleazy to me. And, when you change your service to ACN's, you'll soon get a call from your previous phone provider and they will give you a discount to come back. So, ACN people keep losing their customers.

My mom tried ACN for a while, years ago. Never made any money on it as far as I know.

Sounds like that travel company that is out there, I had someone call me to try and get me to sign up for that. It was also like 500 bucks and was during the beginning of the recession and I was like sorry I don't know many people that are traveling right now. Plus if I was going to book airlines or what not I would want to use a major website not some friends travel website.

I had someone call me recently here on the base in Japan all impressed that I worked for a company that Donald Trump just bought. I had no clue what he was talking about. He was some type of organizer for vendor events out in town & wanted me to come set up & work a booth at his various events. I explained to him that we don't pay Japan import taxes and are restricted to only selling to SOFA status personnel. He didn't really get it. I just had to tell him that I'm not allowed to sell to the Japanese because I don't pay import taxes, thank him & hang up even though he wasn't finished talking. He was trying to ask a lot of personal questions that I wasn't willing to answer like my DEROS date (when I'm scheduled to rotate off the island to a new duty station). I thought it was a bit weird that he knew that term. The retired police dispatcher in me came out. I was not comfortable with his questions and DONE with the phone conversation. LOL

Did anyone notice the date of this thing? Sept 2006!? If they were 'right around the corner' to being the best world wide provider (or whatever the tag line was) then should they have already been there by now? It HAS been 3 years!!

If it sound too good to be true - it is! LOL

Did anyone notice the date of this thing? Sept 2006!? If they were 'right around the corner' to being the best world wide provider (or whatever the tag line was) then shouldn't they have already been there by now? It HAS been 3 years!!

If it sound too good to be true - it is! LOL

Is there an echo in here? LOL

1. What is this random phone call about Donald Trump's new venture?

The random phone call is from Pampered Chef, and we are excited to introduce you to our new partnership with Donald Trump. We will be offering exclusive products and promotions that align with his brand and values.

2. How did Pampered Chef decide to collaborate with Donald Trump?

We carefully choose our partnerships based on shared values and a commitment to quality. We believe that Donald Trump's business acumen and commitment to excellence aligns with our own values at Pampered Chef.

3. Will there be any special products related to Donald Trump's new venture?

Yes, we will be offering exclusive products inspired by Donald Trump's brand and his commitment to success. These products will be available for a limited time only, so be sure to keep an eye out for them.

4. How can I be sure that the products related to Donald Trump's new venture are of high quality?

At Pampered Chef, we have a rigorous quality control process to ensure that all of our products meet our high standards. Our collaboration with Donald Trump is no exception, and we are confident that you will be satisfied with the quality of our products.

5. Will Pampered Chef be making any political statements through this collaboration with Donald Trump?

No, our collaboration with Donald Trump is solely focused on providing our customers with high-quality and exclusive products. We are not making any political statements or endorsements through this partnership.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies