1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Random call

1. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

So I got this message from a lady on my home answering machine. She didn't leave me her name and she didn't address me by name... just asked if this was a PC consultant as she needed to reorder some spices.

So I call her back - she is in North Dakota... I introduce myself and we have a quick conversation - mostly one sided - she wouldn't stop babbling! I gathered from our convo that she used to live in CA (probably one of my previous show guests) and that she was desperate for our great pine nut and basil spice mix.

Um... yeah.....

She wouldn't stop talking about it and I had a hunch so I googled pine nut tastefully simple and sure enough it was one of theirs. So I mention, you know I don't think PC has a spice like that, but I believe TS does. She's like NO I'm certain it was PC, but you know I'll just call my friend here and see if she can locate who she orders her PC from because you're all the way in CA and I'm here.

I was so confused by the time I was done with her because I'm not really sure what she was needing. I was ready to refer her to a local consultant but I can't do that for a product we don't carry! Hopefully she will be happy with whoever she talks to...

Oh and she also said she got my phone # from the label of the spice bottle! I've never even labeled OUR spice bottles. I thought maybe someone's flyer went out that kept my phone # on it... So very weird.

Aug 26, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Weird :eek:

Aug 26, 2009
  3. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

haha that is just too funny!

Aug 26, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

This is so funny. I've had that kind of guest that insists the item is PC, when it isn't. Hopefully she finds how to buy what she is looking for.

5. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

Definitely Strange!

Aug 26, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Oh, but she's sure it's PC. LOL! It always cracks me up when people do that. At least you got a laugh out of it.

Aug 26, 2009
Have something to add?