• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ranch Oyster Crackers: An Easy Christmas Gift!

In summary, Lisa was thinking of making some of these again this year for Christmas presents, but had a lightbulb moment of how or what PC spices/rubs could she use. She always uses the PC Dill, but would she use something else instead of say, the Ranch dressing mix? Ranch Oyster Crackers are ingredients in the mix, and they have nutritional information.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
I was thinking of making some of these again this year for Christmas presents, they are always a hit, but had a lightbulb moment of how or what
PC spices/rubs could I use. I always use the PC Dill, but would I use something else instead of say, the Ranch dressing mix???

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,

Lisa

Ranch Oyster Crackers
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1. 1 (1 ounce) package Ranch-style dressing mix
2. 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
3. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
4. 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
5. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
6. 5 cups oyster crackers
DIRECTIONS
7. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
8. In a large bowl, combine the dressing mix, dill weed, vegetable oil, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Add oyster crackers, and toss to coat. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring gently after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool before serving
Nutritional Information
Ranch Oyster Crackers
Servings Per Recipe: 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 137
 Total Fat: 7g
 Cholesterol: 0mg
 Sodium: 558mg
 Total Carbs: 16.2g
 Dietary Fiber: 0.7g
 Protein: 1.9g

I think they'd be good with the BBQ rub or the Moroccan rub. But I'd use the rub instead of all the seasonings (skip the dill, etc.), and I'd make a test batch (or half batch) before giving them out to people.I had a similar idea. I'm going to make Chex Mix with our seasonings. They already have a Moroccan-seasoned one on their website (it has cumin, coriander and cinnamon). I'm just going to use our rub instead of the individual seasonings.

I make these every year. I use the All-purpose dill seasoning instead of the dill weed but follow the recipe otherwise. They are great!

chefann said:
I think they'd be good with the BBQ rub or the Moroccan rub. But I'd use the rub instead of all the seasonings (skip the dill, etc.), and I'd make a test batch (or half batch) before giving them out to people.

I had a similar idea. I'm going to make Chex Mix with our seasonings. They already have a Moroccan-seasoned one on their website (it has cumin, coriander and cinnamon). I'm just going to use our rub instead of the individual seasonings.

Be sure and let us know how this turns out Ann!

i love these little cracker things! I'm kinda thinking the asian seasoning would be good too!

Too funny! I made these about 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon - they are in lunches today. My recipe is a tad different though.

Oyster Snack Crackers2 pkg. Oyster crackers
1 cup vegetable oil
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
1 tsp. dill weed
1 tsp. onion powder or salt OR ½ tsp. garlic powder or saltMix last four ingredients and pour on crackers – shake or stir once every 15 minutes for about an hour then serve.

1. How do I make Ranch Oyster Crackers?

To make Ranch Oyster Crackers, you will need a packet of ranch dressing mix, a cup of oil, and a bag of oyster crackers. In a large bowl, mix the ranch dressing mix with the oil until well combined. Then add the oyster crackers and stir until they are evenly coated. Spread the crackers out on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let them cool before packaging them as a gift.

2. How do I package the Ranch Oyster Crackers as a gift?

You can package the Ranch Oyster Crackers in a variety of ways. One option is to use clear cellophane bags and tie them with a festive ribbon. Another option is to use mason jars or decorative tins. You can also add a personalized label or tag to make it even more special.

3. Can I use a different type of cracker instead of oyster crackers?

Yes, you can use a different type of cracker if you prefer. However, oyster crackers are the best choice because they have a neutral flavor that allows the ranch seasoning to really stand out. You can also try using different types of crackers, such as pretzels or mini saltines, for a unique twist.

4. How long will the Ranch Oyster Crackers stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container, the Ranch Oyster Crackers will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks. It is best to store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.

5. Can I make a larger batch of Ranch Oyster Crackers?

Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to make a larger batch of Ranch Oyster Crackers. Just make sure to use a large enough bowl to mix all the ingredients and a baking sheet big enough to spread them out in a single layer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
peichef
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies
Views