• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone done a raffle for a PC shopping spree before?

In summary, Amanda is raising money for a friend by selling raffle tickets for a PC shopping spree. Jeanie is going to try to send her a copy of the raffle tickets that she sold for her Relay For Life team. If it doesn't work or if you can change the info. please e-mail me with your info and I will change the info on my end and then re-email it back to you. 50% of the sales will go towards the winner's shopping spree and the other 50% will be donated to the Orginization.
mandydollie

Good Morning everyone!

I am preparing to do a fundraiser for a friend of mine and instead of doing the normal PC fundraiser, we've decided to sell raffle tickets for a PC shopping spree. She is hoping to sell tickets at $10 each and then we will figure a shopping spree on the amount sold. The other part of the money will go directly to her. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and has a sample raffle ticket that they could either e-mail to me or post on here. Thanks!

email is [email protected]

Amanda

You need to specify what percentage of the money collected will go in the PC shopping spree. I'm not sure what "the other money will go to her" means? You'll sell more tickets if people know exactly what they will be getting or at least what percentage. You just have to be careful that you spell it out very clearly so that people don't misunderstand.

Jeanie

I am going to try to send you a copy of the raffle tickets that I sold for my Relay For Life team. If it doesn't work or if you can change the info. please e-mail me with your info and I will change the info on my end and then re-email it back to you.

50% of the sales will go towards the winner's shopping spree and the other 50% will be donated to the Orginization. Does that makes more sense?

So if she sells 100 tickets... $500 is for the shopping spree (which we may break up into two sprees) and the other $500 goes to the Orginization

I'm not sure on specifics or anything but I'd be careful about selling raffle tickets. I heard somewhere that you have to have permission from the city or something like that since it's considered gambling. I know back when I was in high school they would sell 50/50 tickets for student council and the school had to get an okay from someone. Like I said I don't know any specifics but you may want to look into it.

Desiree is right - but in my experience, usually the organization knows if they have permission to "gamble" or not. Be sure to ask them. I have done a couple raffles with good results. I did it 60-40. Meaning the organization got 60% - the remaining 40% was divided among 4 winners who each got to go on a shopping spree (10% each).
I would sorta play it by ear. If the fundraiser is big and you think you will net alot of $$, then do the 60-40 or 50-50. If small, do the same but just one winner.
I found I sold more tickets when I divided up the winning percentage into 4 winners. They felt like they had more of a chance! Also remember, when you submit the 40% - the organization gets back 15% of that too!

1. What are raffle tickets?

Raffle tickets are small, numbered cards or pieces of paper that are used for a type of gambling or fundraising event. They are typically sold to individuals for a chance to win prizes or items through a random drawing.

2. How do raffle tickets work?

Raffle tickets are usually sold at a set price, and participants can purchase as many tickets as they want. Each ticket has a unique number on it, and at the end of the event, a random drawing is held to select the winning ticket number(s). The person(s) holding the winning ticket(s) will receive the designated prize.

3. Can anyone sell raffle tickets?

In most cases, anyone can sell raffle tickets, as long as it is legal in their location. However, some organizations or events may require a permit or license to sell raffle tickets. It is important to check with local laws and regulations before selling raffle tickets.

4. Are raffle tickets a good way to raise money?

Raffle tickets can be an effective way to raise money for a cause or event. They are relatively easy to organize and can generate a lot of excitement and participation. However, it is important to follow any legal requirements and ensure that the prizes offered are appealing to potential buyers.

5. Can raffle tickets be personalized?

Yes, raffle tickets can be personalized with logos, graphics, and text to make them more appealing and unique to a particular event or organization. Pampered Chef offers customizable raffle tickets that can be printed with your desired design and information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debswork
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • JulieHaak
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies