• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life Raffle: Win Big Prizes and Support a Good Cause!

In summary, the team is planning to hold a raffle off of the prizes they have leftover from a PC Bingo they cancelled. They are looking for a catchy name for the event. They are selling tickets for $5.
whiteyteresa
Question is coming - just want to give you some background (
sign0013.gif
that this is soooooo long
reading.gif
)

I belong to a Relay for Life Team and usually we do a Bingo in May (this year May 3rd) with PC products - this year our team can't get any prizes sponsored this year. We have lots of products (15 prizes ranging from $35 - $55 - this is stuff that we bought since the last bingo and things that I bought to help a host) we normally do 20 prizes and HWC products as for quickies, small products for mini door prizes and then a large gift for the Main door prize. My team and I can't do the bingo because of that plus two of the four members have other plans that are very important that came up recently. So we canceled the Bingo and now we are going to raffle off the PC Bingo prizes/gift sets - these prizes are 3 to 5 items that work together.

So we are going to raffle these products off at the Relay on June 6th - we plan to pull a name about every 20 minutes for 5 hours starting at 10pm - the Relay starts early in the morning with people setting up and then the kick off is at 6pm - then the lighting of the candles at 9pm - so that is why we are starting at that time so it gives us time to sell tickets at the Relay. We also are going to sell the tickets early (well as soon as I make them that is) so my team wants a catchy name for the raffle - I have attached the two differents

1 says Bonanza

1 says Prizes

3 of the team members like Bonanza

and 1 likes Prizes

We need a catchy name

So I need your
twocents.gif
What should we call it

It is 11pm here and I need to get some sleep
zzz.gif
- I think that I am coming down with the flu
ill.gif

Please give me all of your ideas for what we can call this raffle thingy

and yes - we are selling the tickets for $5 - with give out so much products - we think this is a great price

sign0092.gif

Teresa

:chef:

Attachments

• Tickets 2X 001.doc
    136.5 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Bumping . . .

How about Pampered Chef Gift Set Sweepstakes? Not feeling super creative right now. Let me think for a bit. Linda

Bump . . . . .

One more time

Thanks

Bump again . . .

HELP PLEASE

A year later . . . did anyone help? If so, please share. I'm doing my first Relay for Life event this year (May 1st) and need help with the details. I already have a 10" stainless steel skillet with lid so i am thinking that if I can get it for free with the Jan - Feb prom that is going on now, I can raffle it off. By May PC price will make it a $150 value!

Did you just do $5 a ticket or maybe $20 for 5 tickets? Did anyone think that is too much? (I mayself don't buy riffle tickets - too short on cash and I NEVER win anything!) I have never done a riffle before so I am not sure how much to make the tickets for since the item is pretty nice. (I think.) I was also thinking of buying some of the old SB cookbooks and giving them away. Should it be a CB for each raffle ticket or CB when get 5 raffle tickets?

Would it be better to make the tickets cheaper and maybe sell more of them? I would be more willing to pay $5 for 5 chances vs. 1 chance. But then would anyone buy 20 chances for $20?

What name did you come up with? Do you have a copy of the flyer or tickets that I could get an idea from? Thanks for any and all help!

mkcook said:
. . . Do you have a copy of the flyer or tickets that I could get an idea from? Thanks for any and all help!

Sorry I must be blind! After I posted I found the ticket attachment on the 1st post. Would still appreciate any other suggestions. I'm not good of thinking up names for an event.

Do you think it would be out of place between now and May 1st for each of my cooking shows to have my triffle bowl setting out and ask the guest if that want to help buy a ticket? Or would the host perceve it as taking away from the her sales?

The tickets were called

"Prize Extravaganza"

We sold them for $3 and sold about $800.

I printed the tickets, my sister bought the paper and my cousins bought the ink

We all helped cutting them and perforating them

Thanks for asking

What is a raffle ticket?

A raffle ticket is a small slip of paper or card that is used as a form of lottery or fundraising. It usually contains a unique number or code that is used to determine the winner of a prize or item.

How do I create raffle tickets?

To create raffle tickets, you can either purchase pre-printed tickets or design and print your own. If designing your own, make sure to include important information such as the name of the event, date, location, and prize. You can also add a unique number or code for each ticket.

How do I sell raffle tickets?

The most common way to sell raffle tickets is by setting up a table or booth at an event or in a public area. You can also sell tickets online through social media or a website. Make sure to have a clear description of the prize and the ticket price, and provide options for payment.

Are there any legal requirements for holding a raffle?

Raffles are subject to state and local laws, so it's important to research and comply with any legal requirements. In most cases, a raffle may require a permit or license, and there may be limitations on the value of prizes and the number of tickets sold.

How do I choose a winner for the raffle?

The winner of a raffle is typically chosen at random using a draw or raffle drum. Make sure to keep all tickets securely stored until the drawing and have a neutral party or witness present to ensure fairness. You can also livestream the drawing for transparency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessica. PC Consultant
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Laura420
  • pclady213
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies