• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revolutionize Your Fundraising with Raffle Style Pampered Chef Events

In summary, Liz created a PC LOTTO fundraiser where the winner pays for the shipping and tax. She suggests a 50/50 split for donations/prizes. She suggests capping the amount that goes back into prizes at $599 or less in order to avoid any IRS problems.
DZmom
After selling and selling our fundraisers to ALL the teachers and atheletic sponsors I know with NO takers, I decided to find a NEW way to do fundraisers with PAMPERED CHEF! I tweaked the PC LOTTO game for Host's and turned it into a fundraiser. I've attached my flyers. One is a Intro letter explaining how the raffle fundraiser will work and what their profit margin could be. The other two files should be printed on opposite sides of the same paper. The Front side informs the buyer of how the fundraiser works and the back side is the squares that will be sold!

I don't know if anyone else is doing anything like this or not, but I had a show @ a high school tonight and will have several upcoming fundraisers to look forward to!

Attachments

• PC Raffle Front Side.doc
    22 KB · Views: 656
  • PC Raffle Letter.doc
    28 KB · Views: 533
  • PC Raffle Sheet.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 541
I really like that idea. I did a traditional fundraiser and felt pretty bad for the low donation amount that the group received. Let us know how it turns out!

Love It, Thanks So Much
DZmom said:
After selling and selling our fundraisers to ALL the teachers and atheletic sponsors I know with NO takers, I decided to find a NEW way to do fundraisers with PAMPERED CHEF! I tweaked the PC LOTTO game for Host's and turned it into a fundraiser. I've attached my flyers. One is a Intro letter explaining how the raffle fundraiser will work and what their profit margin could be. The other two files should be printed on opposite sides of the same paper. The Front side informs the buyer of how the fundraiser works and the back side is the squares that will be sold!

I don't know if anyone else is doing anything like this or not, but I had a show @ a high school tonight and will have several upcoming fundraisers to look forward to!

u MADE THIS SO EASY!!! thanks so much.

liz

This is great. I want to try this. Thanks!

Please be careful with this. Because people are purchasing chances in a drawing, this is gambling, which is usually tightly controlled by state lottery departments (yes, even for non-profits and fundraisers). I'd hate to see you in trouble because you were trying to help someone.

OK- I just realized that the last sentence in my prior post sounds like a veiled threat to turn you all in (ala the mob). That's not what I intended - I just don't want anyone to try something without knowing all the risks.

This will sound like a dumb question, I know, but do you pay the extra shipping on the order so that it's delivered direct then? Thanks for sharing this.. it's an awesome fundraiser. I hope I can find someone to try it.

This is really just a basic raffle, which schools and churches do all the time. One of the churches here recently were selling raffle tickets on a Mercedes for $100 each. They only sold 1000 of them. I would be no different than that or selling raggle tickets on a basket of PC items.

The only thing that I'm paying for is the raffle sheets. That's my donation to the organization. The winner MUST pay for the shipping & tax. I've included that on ALL the flyers. Direct shipping will apply to ALL the orders. Plus, you can enter all the winners into ONE fundraiser, surprise your organization with another donation from PC and you could get some recognition for your fundraising abilities!

Just a heads up.. I tried this type of sales idea here in Iowa and after hearing on this board that I should check with the state gaming commission, found out that I would need a gambling license to run this sort of thing. Just be careful. I thought the PC lotto was a great idea, but not worth the risk of getting turned into the state for gambling. Now since it's for a school, and the proceeds would be less than $1000 they may just turn their head, but I would recommend checking first. Just my two cents!

Okay guys, I'm a fundrasier IRL so here's the lowdown.

Yes, each state has its rules. For example in TX, an organization is allowed X number of raffles a year. Can't remember how many. The responsibility does lie with the group you are raising money for, so you might want to point that out to them.

Also, if the winnings exceed $600, you have to report to the IRS. I think I might only approach really small groups with the raffle. I was planning to offer the 50/50 split for donations/prizes, so a group would have to sell $1200 in tickets before this became a problem. OR you could just cap the amount that goes back into prizes at $599 or less. Then that's more $$ for the group you are helping! Actually, I kind of like that idea :) After all on a $599 show we would still make nearly $90. (I would submit the prize orders as a FR as well so the group can get extra$$).

Those are the basics to keep in mind! I might have to redo my fliers now! I haven't had any takers on the raffle yet, but I did a traditional FR for a group that did $649 in sales, and I figured out they would have earned more if I did the split. I would have made less, but I felt bad about the group making so little.

Do any of you know what website to go to check your state laws as far as these type of things go? These types of raffles are huge in my area but I don't want to be caught "gambling"...

I think it's the attorney general or even the dept of revenue...

I was soooo excited...
DZmom said:

to do the raffle type fun d raiser for my current employe's *(reg job) employee emergency fund, however since I work for: Valley Baptist health systems, they consider this as a type of gambling and won't allow it :( Tx allows, but I forgot about the "religious part" :(

I'm trying to think of others which could benefit from this though. I have a couple of ideas. :)

Legal in KY, THANK THE LORD!!!I decided to come up with this raffle idea after participating in a raffle at my son's school for a day at a salon. Well, after everyone's comments on the legality issue I thought I'd better check it out. In KY, we have what's called the Charitiable Gaming Act that allows schools to do raffles and that sort of thing. There are a few stipulations. But in KY it is legal, so I'm going to call my Cheerleading Sponsor and set this up! I'll let you all know how it goes! I sold her on it for November, so maybe I'll be able get the highest level of FREE products.

That's great! I'm glad that you're able to use it!

I wonder if I could do this in CA? I am interested in doing a fundraiser and this sounds really easy!

You would need to check the gaming laws in your state.

confused:confused: I'm confused how you would give 1/2 to the organization and the 1/2 in free products? Do you submit it as a cooking show or a fundraiser? Can you explain it in more detail?
Thanks,
Michelle

You would literally have the organization give you half the proceeds to place orders. If it's under $150 it would have to be individual orders. If it's over $150 it would be a show and yes, I would enter it as a fundraiser so the group could get even more $$. HTH.

1. What is a raffle style fundraiser?

A raffle style fundraiser is an event where participants purchase tickets for a chance to win prizes. The proceeds from the ticket sales go towards supporting a specific cause or organization.

2. How do I participate in a raffle style fundraiser?

To participate in a raffle style fundraiser, you can purchase tickets from the organization or individuals hosting the event. The more tickets you buy, the higher your chances of winning a prize.

3. What types of prizes are typically offered in a raffle style fundraiser?

Prizes for raffle style fundraisers can vary, but they often include donated items such as gift baskets, gift cards, or services. Some organizations may also offer larger prizes, such as electronics or vacation packages.

4. Is there a limit to the number of tickets I can buy?

The limit for purchasing tickets may vary depending on the organization hosting the fundraiser. Some may have a set limit per person, while others may allow you to purchase as many tickets as you'd like.

5. Can I still support the fundraiser if I don't win a prize?

Absolutely! Raffle style fundraisers are a great way to support a cause, even if you don't win a prize. Your ticket purchase goes towards helping the organization and their cause, which is the ultimate goal of the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacar602
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • sprout18
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies