1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Raffle gift baskets ideas...

1. MHPampered

MHPampered Member

Hey I play at my local bingo hall often and they ask me if I would be willing to donate some once a month for their raffles they do. They said I would recieve free play once a month in return and would promote my business. Anyone ever done this and if so what did you make. I was thinking like a little basket with a catalog,SB, 1 citrus peeler, 1 quikut pearing knife but what should I put to get shows booked or some orders or even recruits...?

Thanks!
    Megan

Dec 20, 2009
  2. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Think about just doing a personal $20 or $25 gift card. That way they have to come to YOU to spend it ... and more than likely they will want more than the face value on the gift card. :D

Dec 20, 2009
  3. zmom58

zmom58 Member

It depends if it is a group of little old ladies, they can be very frugal and not want to spend more than the face value:) But then if you play there they must not all be little old ladies;) You could vary the face value of a gift cert; or offer a percent off of their total order; or have a product of the month-$15dollars a month, etc...you could then add that to a host order for one of your shows and it wouldn't cost you that much.

Dec 20, 2009
  4. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

I would say a personal gift certificate is the best way to go. Like Sheila said, they have to come to you to use it. I put a 6 mo expiration on it, so they can't crawl out of the woodwork in 5 years! I have done 2 of them & neither have been claimed. That way, you are not giving out your giveaway items or products and most likely they will buy more when they redeem the gift certificate. I use one that someone here made & I just tweaked it for my use. :)

5. I agree. When they come to you for the order then you can tell them the benefits of having a party of their own and how to earn even more free product.

6. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

Why not a gift certificate with a catch? "Redeem this certificate for $15 toward your Pampered Chef order with ___(your name here)____. Host a show and upgrade this certificate to $25 upon your show's closing!" Then clip it to a catalog and tie a bow around it or something. You'll make the extra $10 back in commission from a show, even if it's minimal in total. And you never know when you might find your next GREAT host!

Jan 12, 2010
  7. cookingwithdot

cookingwithdot Advanced Member Gold Member

Great Idea! I LOVE IT! :)

Have something to add?