• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Radish, Kale, or Spinach Chips Using the Microwave Chip Maker?

The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees before putting in the chips and they should be baked for 7 minutes.
LoriLions
Has anyone tried to make radish, spinach, or kale chips using the microwave chip maker?

Below are the oven recipes that have been recommended to me and I wonder if they can be converted to use with the MCM.

Baked Radish Chips Recipe - Makes 1 serving

Ingredients 10 radishes
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp paprika

(adjust seasonings based upon your personal taste)

Directions
1. Thinly slice radishes
2. Steam in microwave for 5 minutes
3. Put in plastic ziploc bag, seal, and shake to combine the ingredients.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, flip the chips, and bake for another 10 minutes.

Baked Spinach or Kale Chips
Ingredients - One bag of baby spinach or a bunch of kale
Salt
Herbs or spices that you love
Pepper

1. Wash, clean, and dry vegetables.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper (WAX PAPER IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE)
3. Lay the spinach/kale in a single layer on top of the paper.
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, herbs...
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 for approximately 7 minutes. (Watch, it maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.) The chips should turn crispy and wafer thin.
6. Carefully peel off the paper and enjoy.

Personally I would not try the spinach or kale in the microwave. The thinness, would make me think they would burn almost immediately. The radishes, I think it that would be the same as a potato but a bit longer as they are a wetter veggie. Remember too that if the item you are "cooking" is not listed in the use & care, and something happens, it may void the warranty.

Someone else commented on here about kale chips and said she had sparks in the microwave.. so probably wouldn't try that.

The Use and Care instructions are very clear about what vegetables are okay to use. Radishes, kale, and spinach are not on the list.

Hi there! Yes, I have tried making radish, spinach, and kale chips using the microwave chip maker and they turned out great! Here's my recipe for each:Radish Chips:
Ingredients:
- 10 radishes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprikaDirections:
1. Thinly slice radishes and place them in the microwave chip maker.
2. Sprinkle with chili powder, garlic salt, and paprika.
3. Microwave for 3-4 minutes, or until the chips are crispy.
4. Let cool and enjoy!Spinach or Kale Chips:
Ingredients:
- One bag of baby spinach or a bunch of kale
- Salt
- Herbs or spices of your choice
- PepperDirections:
1. Wash, clean, and dry the spinach or kale.
2. Place them in the microwave chip maker.
3. Sprinkle with salt, herbs, and pepper.
4. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until crispy.
5. Let cool and enjoy!I hope you give these recipes a try and enjoy them as much as I do! Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any type of radish, kale, or spinach for these chips?

Yes, you can use any variety of these vegetables for your chips. However, keep in mind that the thinner the slices, the crispier the chips will be.

2. How long does it take to make these chips in the Microwave Chip Maker?

The cooking time will vary depending on your microwave's wattage and the thickness of your vegetable slices. Generally, it takes about 3-5 minutes for the chips to become crispy.

3. Do I need to add any oil or seasoning to the vegetables before microwaving?

No, the Microwave Chip Maker is designed to create crispy chips without the need for any oil. However, you can add your favorite seasonings before or after cooking for added flavor.

4. Can I make these chips in a regular microwave-safe dish instead of using the Chip Maker?

Yes, you can use a regular microwave-safe dish, but the results may not be as crispy or evenly cooked as using the Chip Maker. The Chip Maker is specifically designed to create perfect chips every time.

5. How do I clean the Microwave Chip Maker after use?

The Microwave Chip Maker is dishwasher safe, but it can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gfreechef
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • esavvymom