• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Veggie Plating: Have You Tried Radish Flowers?

In summary, the conversation is about making radish flowers as part of a veggie plate. The process involves using a sharp knife to cut petal shapes, then letting the radishes sit in cold water for about 30 minutes. It is recommended to put them in ice water for faster results and to showcase the process to guests at a show. The person speaking has successfully made them before and recommends trying it at the next show.
kitchenqueen
Has anyone tried making the radish flowers as part of their veggie plate?? I saw this in a picture, always thought it was cute but never have I tried it. I know you are supposed to cut petal shapes in the radish with your quick cut paring knife then let it sit in cold water. How long do you let it sit in cold water for?? I wanted to have a veggie plate out at my next show. Any advice would be great!! Thanks!

I made these during my demos at the farmers market this year and I let them sit in the cold ice water for about 15 minutes...just depends on how wide you want them to open..they are very easy to make.

Thanks so much Dawn! I actually had another host ask for a veggie plate demo for another show I am doing at the end of this month. Thanks for your help!

I recommend putting them in ice water. That speeds up the process a little. For best results, put them in the refrigerator with ice water when you arrive at your show to prepare. Have a few out,un-cut to show how you did it and place them in the ice water. This will allow the guests to see the process.

Hi there! I have actually made radish flowers as part of my veggie plate before and they turned out great! The key is to use a sharp and precise knife, like our quick cut paring knife, to create the petal shapes. As for how long to let them sit in cold water, I usually leave them in for about 30 minutes before serving. This helps the petals to open up and give the flower effect. I definitely recommend giving it a try at your next show - it adds a beautiful touch to any veggie platter. Let me know how it goes! Happy cooking!

1. What are radish flowers?

Radish flowers are a creative and beautiful way to present radishes on a platter. They are made by slicing the radish into thin, curved slices and arranging them in a circular pattern to resemble a flower.

2. How do I make radish flowers?

To make radish flowers, start by washing and drying the radishes. Then, use a sharp knife to slice the radish into thin, curved slices. Arrange the slices in a circular pattern, starting from the center and working your way out. You can also add a small cut in the center of the flower to give it more dimension.

3. Can I use any type of radish to make radish flowers?

While any type of radish can be used to make radish flowers, we recommend using smaller varieties such as French breakfast or cherry belle radishes. These types are easier to slice and have a milder flavor.

4. What can I serve radish flowers with?

Radish flowers can be served as a beautiful garnish on a vegetable platter or as a unique addition to a salad. They can also be served on their own with a dip, such as hummus or ranch dressing.

5. How long will radish flowers last once they are made?

Radish flowers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. However, they are best served fresh as they may wilt over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Cookingfool
  • c00p