1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Radish Flowers

1. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Has anyone tried making the radish flowers as part of their veggie plate?? I saw this in a picture, always thought it was cute but never have I tried it. I know you are supposed to cut petal shapes in the radish with your quick cut paring knife then let it sit in cold water. How long do you let it sit in cold water for?? I wanted to have a veggie plate out at my next show. Any advice would be great!! Thanks!

Oct 10, 2005
  2. Dawn

Dawn Member Gold Member

I made these during my demos at the farmers market this year and I let them sit in the cold ice water for about 15 minutes...just depends on how wide you want them to open..they are very easy to make.

Oct 11, 2005
  3. kitchenqueen

kitchenqueen Member

Thanks so much Dawn! I actually had another host ask for a veggie plate demo for another show I am doing at the end of this month. Thanks for your help!

Oct 11, 2005
  4. I recommend putting them in ice water. That speeds up the process a little. For best results, put them in the refrigerator with ice water when you arrive at your show to prepare. Have a few out,un-cut to show how you did it and place them in the ice water. This will allow the guests to see the process.

Oct 11, 2005
Have something to add?