• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Rachael Ray Stoneware at Great Prices | Shop Now at RachaelRayStore.com

In summary, Rachel Ray's new stoneware comes with a 3 year guarantee against manufacturing defects, a 30 day money back satisfaction guarantee, and the services of a consultant to answer any questions.
pkd09
Silver Member
Just received an email from rachaelraystore.com. She has stoneware! :( For example she has a covered 9x13 4.25 qt. 500 degrees, nonporous for $39.95 make in China. This is just one of the pieces. Wanted to alert you in case a guest at a show brings up the subject.

Many places have stoneware. This is nothing new. If someone brings it up, sell the benefits of stoneware. Acknowledge that yes, other people carry it too, but does their stoneware also come with a 3 year guarantee against manufacturing defects? Does it also come with the services of a consultant to answer any questions they have about it and who can provide them recipes? Does theirs come with a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee, even if they have used it 1,000,000 times within those 30 days?

Made in China would be enough to put me off...Do we know for sure where our stoneware is made...surely not in china...

Many of our products are made in China. However, the stoneware is made in the USA. Stoneware quality can vary widely. People who have used other stoneware are amazed at the quality of ours. Having seen RR's cookware, which is good but no match for ours, I feel confident that our stoneware will pass any comparison.

Most people I come across who have bought other stoneware claim that it leaks through the bottom, could you imagine?? :yuck:

Just checked my email. Her stoneware is completely glazed, which means that the wonderful properties that help our stoneware to give you crispy crusts on your pizza would be missing.

Thank you all for setting my mind at ease....I was beginning to panic! You all pointed out things I did not see.....Chef Success buddies are the best!

When I was watching "The Cake Boss" I saw them using very large square stoneware. (like a bar pan)
I was so excited, to think me and Buddy both use stone for our cookies :love:
I can't wait to share this at my next cooking show on Sunday. Being a huge stoneware lover I always use it as a selling tool. I have been using Pampered Chef stone for over 15 years. Why is it now that some think it is the new craze. Pampered Chef is way ahead of the game.....:thumbup:

Exactly...they are just now trying to jump in, but we have the years of research and experience. =)

I saw our food chopper being used in Top Chef Masters. Loved it!

That's so cool that Buddy uses stoneware for his cookies!! Definately a selling point!!

Who is Buddy? :confused:

I checked out the RR stones.
Because they are from china i would not trust them at all. The bright colors are nice but they can contain a lot of lead that is toxic. If it was USA made then i would trust it, but chinese is always questionable.
However i love their shapes and the big handle on them, and the covered baker is nice too. They say it is dishwasher safe, which is a nice feature, thanks to the glaze all around.
I still will stick with the PC ones, i love the 'naked' stones. The way they season, and the quality food i can make on them.

What great timing--at last night's show a guest said that she loves PC stoneware. She went on to say that she had bought stoneware from a couple of other companies, and there was no comparison. The others chipped, didn't work as well, and were generally a waste of money. Yeah, I love guests like that. :cool: Because this happens frequently, I use these comments as testimonials when someone asks about other stoneware.

our stoneware does not contain lead - many others do - I promote that heavily and tell my customers to be sure that wherever they purchase their stoneware to check for that.

When I point out that our stoneware is safe in the microwave I remind them that if they have any stoneware that is not PC they need to check with the company as our is lead free but others is not.

Also, completely glazed stoneware is NOT non-stick. Ours is once it's seasoned. I never add oil when cooking on/in it (healthier too!). I had a Celebrating Home consultant make a big deal at her PC party that our DCB is so much better than theirs (theirs is totally glazed) - she had tried a recipe I gave her in her baker and it didn't turn out at all!

I tell people that if a stone is glazed inside, it is not stoneware. It is pottery.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I tell people that if a stone is glazed inside, it is not stoneware. It is pottery.

Love that! So true!

pamperedlinda said:
our stoneware does not contain lead - many others do - I promote that heavily and tell my customers to be sure that wherever they purchase their stoneware to check for that.

I iquired about this from HO back in Feb, because i had some very health concious customers. The lady ther told me that even though they have not changed the clay they use to make the stones out of they cannot say it anymore that is LEAD FREE. It could contain (which doesn't mean it is containing any) a miniscule amount and because of that they can be in trouble. She was not comfortable saying that it is lead free. If you can make sense of this then good luck. I couldn't. I noticed that my really old stones manual says that it is 100% lead free, but the newer stones manuals are not saying anything about being lead free at all.

Zsu said:
I iquired about this from HO back in Feb, because i had some very health concious customers. The lady ther told me that even though they have not changed the clay they use to make the stones out of they cannot say it anymore that is LEAD FREE. It could contain (which doesn't mean it is containing any) a miniscule amount and because of that they can be in trouble. She was not comfortable saying that it is lead free. If you can make sense of this then good luck. I couldn't. I noticed that my really old stones manual says that it is 100% lead free, but the newer stones manuals are not saying anything about being lead free at all.

hmmm - think I'll send and email to the test kitchen about this one. I'll let you now what I hear back from them.

1. What is the difference between stoneware and other types of bakeware?

Stoneware is made from natural clay that is fired at a high temperature, creating a strong and durable material. This allows it to evenly distribute heat and retain heat for a longer period of time, resulting in more evenly cooked food. Other types of bakeware, such as metal or glass, may have hot spots or cool spots that can affect the cooking process.

2. Can I use stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. However, it is important to note that stoneware can retain heat for a longer period of time, so be cautious when removing it from the microwave.

3. How do I clean my Rachael Ray stoneware?

Rachael Ray stoneware is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water to prolong the life of the product. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges, as they can damage the stoneware.

4. Can I use metal utensils on my Rachael Ray stoneware?

It is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware, as they can scratch the surface. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils to avoid damaging the stoneware.

5. Is Rachael Ray stoneware safe to use in the oven?

Yes, Rachael Ray stoneware is safe to use in the oven. It can withstand high temperatures and is perfect for baking, roasting, and broiling. Just be sure to follow the recommended temperature guidelines and avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot stoneware dish in the refrigerator.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
calisweetheart03
  • mrssyvo