• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Race Show Recipes: Tips from Experienced Racers for Perfect Timing

In summary, the race is on the 27th and the recipes for this year's season's best (or present) are needed. If someone has done the race before, they can provide advice. There is a Power Cooking show where you prepare one dish and have the guests race for the other two that will be frozen. The women drew the CCC and the men finished with FPS.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I'm doing a race on the 27th and am drawing a blank on recipes to do. Has anyone done the race with the recipes from the last year's season's best (or present)? I'm afraid if i pick two, my timing will be off, and wanted someone who's actually done the race to give me advise. Please....:chef:

How about a Power Cooking show- you prepare one, and have the guests race for the other two that will be frozen? That way the recipes don't have to go in the oven at the same time, etc...

I ended up doing the Summer Berry Salad and the Taffy Apple Tarts.

The group that did the Apple tarts finished first. It was a blast!!! I even had one of them singing the five items that could be chopped with a food chopper.

What song is that?

One group was ahead, so to slow up the group in the lead, i gave them a detour that said:

"You're on the show "American Idol", so sing like your in the top 10 and name the 5 foods you can chop up with a food chopper"

She sang the names of the vege's and everyone thought it was hilarious!

I just recently did a race with couples - and I used the Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles and Fresh Pineapple Salsa...

Women drew the CCC & men FPS...

It was great watching the men :chef:

Here are the steps I created for the game...

I print them on shipping labels and attach them to 3x5 cards...

They finished about the same time....

~G

Attachments

• Recipe #1 Steps 1 - 16 Cheesy Chicken.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 399
  • Recipe #2 Steps 1 - 10 Pineapple Salsa.doc
    35 KB · Views: 444
  • Recipe #2 Steps 11 - 16 Pineapple Salsa.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 312
G - what did you have the Cheesy group do during the following steps:#6: Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Microwave, covered, an additional 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer #14: Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5 minutes or until cheeses are melted and most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered for 1 minute.

PCGINA said:
I just recently did a race with couples - and I used the Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles and Fresh Pineapple Salsa...

~G
The Pineapple salse sounds great!!
Can you send me the quantities of each of the items you use to make this?
ie: how many tomatoes, did you use "roma", how many peppers ect....
Thanks!

PCGINA said:

~G

I've searched for this recipe and can't find it. Can you share? Thanks!

The Pineapple salse sounds great!!
Can you send me the quantities of each of the items you use to make this?
ie: how many tomatoes, did you use "roma", how many peppers ect....
Thanks!

It's in the S/S09 Seasons Best.

Bumping not sure what to do during the two time lapses
Malinda Klein said:
G - what did you have the Cheesy group do during the following steps:

#6: Microwave, covered, on HIGH 4 minutes; stir to separate chicken. Microwave, covered, an additional 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer

#14: Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5 minutes or until cheeses are melted and most of the liquid is absorbed. Let stand, covered for 1 minute.

Depending on the party designate one person to be the knife keeper and the rest can do tequila shots!!! LOL just kidding (sort of) or they could do a mexican hat dance, play mariachi instruments???? Sorry went to an authentinc mexican restaurant last nite for dinner.

I'm trying my race again this month... this time we are doing the Summer layered salad (great for the peelers on sale in July) and the Sweet & Sour Pineapple Stirfry. Hopefully these two equal out to about the same time frame. Will update after show.

1. How can I ensure that my race show recipes are cooked perfectly and on time?

One tip from experienced racers is to prepare and marinate your ingredients ahead of time. This will save you time during the race show and allow for more precise cooking. You should also have all necessary equipment and tools ready before starting the show.

2. What types of recipes are best for a race show?

The best recipes for a race show are ones that are quick and easy to prepare, yet still pack a lot of flavor. These can include appetizers, side dishes, and simple main courses. It's also important to choose recipes that can be easily adapted for different dietary restrictions.

3. How do you balance cooking with entertaining during a race show?

One way to balance cooking and entertaining during a race show is to delegate tasks to other team members. This can include having someone else handle the introduction and demonstration of the recipe while you focus on cooking. You can also involve the audience by asking for volunteers to help with certain steps.

4. Can you share any tips for engaging the audience during a race show?

A great way to engage the audience during a race show is to make it interactive. This can include asking for volunteers, having a Q&A session, or incorporating fun challenges or games related to the recipe. You can also encourage audience participation by offering samples of the finished dish.

5. How can I make sure my race show recipes are visually appealing?

Presentation is key when it comes to race show recipes. Some tips for making your dishes visually appealing include using colorful and fresh ingredients, incorporating different textures, and arranging the food neatly on the serving platter. You can also add a garnish or decorate the dish with sauces or toppings for an extra touch of visual appeal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefSherryL
  • melaniehay22