• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

[Quote=Pampered Chefgina]Hi Susan,Well - Here Is My Two Cents Worth.i

In summary, childrenisms are words that children say incorrectly or differently than adults. Some of the childrenisms that were mentioned include Dylanisms (words that Dylan says wrong), Andrewisms (words that Andrew says wrong), and Chucky Cheese (which both children love to go to). Childrenisms are a fun way for children to show their creative side and to twist words around.
Brandi2007
childrenismsOk so I know there is a real word for what I would like to know but for now CHILDRENISMS will have to work. I love to hear how little kids twist words around, mainly because that is the only way they know how to say a word. I would love to here some of the words your children (or kids you know) say differently than we do.

Here are some of my sons: I call them Dylanisms.

Dylan is 5 so he talks well but still says some words wrong and thinks with all his heart that they are right!

Cupboard--- CUVERD
Remember--- BEMEMBA
Ambulance--- AMBLIANCE

and of course the typical PSGETTI

L-M-N-O-P= Animal Pee.
My middle son Andrew used to do this all the time. Cracked up his preschool teachers every time!

Well Brianna is 8 and still says "aminal" instead of animal.

And there's the little girl in my Awana class (4 years old) that says the "palms" instead of psalms. Very cute.

my son used to say
deeda= dad
my 4 yr old DD
gril=girl
necklace=Nicholas (a boy in my church)
chrifister=Christopher (boy at church)

Well my daughter who is 6 yrs old sometimes says pampereshef= pampered chef
Calerdering= Calender
techup= Ketchup
milky= Milk

The only one I can think of right now is my 5 yo says: BicDonald's instead of McDonald's.

friday said:
L-M-N-O-P= Animal Pee.
My middle son Andrew used to do this all the time. Cracked up his preschool teachers every time!

haha that's funny

Brandi said:
Ok so I know there is a real word for what I would like to know but for now CHILDRENISMS will have to work. I love to hear how little kids twist words around, mainly because that is the only way they know how to say a word. I would love to here some of the words your children (or kids you know) say differently than we do.

Here are some of my sons: I call them Dylanisms.

Dylan is 5 so he talks well but still says some words wrong and thinks with all his heart that they are right!

Cupboard--- CUVERD
Remember--- BEMEMBA
Ambulance--- AMBLIANCE

and of course the typical PSGETTI

Brandi...did u start this because of my buTTons??? lol

Nikkijo said:
Brandi...did u start this because of my buTTons??? lol

As a matter of fact I did!!! Also the idea came from yesterday's show when teh guest kept saying "pizzer cutta". It was hilarious!

These are all so cute! I know there are more funny ways that Dylan says things but I can't "bememba" them so I will have to wait until I hear him say one!

I have one...I know these two people from ME and they SAY

Hamburg = Hamburger

for some insane reason they leave the er off of it! lol

My DH (AND his mother) both say "Breftist" instead of breakfast. I don't know what that's all about though. They are grown adults.

Nikkijo said:
I have one...I know these two people from ME and they SAY

Hamburg = Hamburger

for some insane reason they leave the er off of it! lol

That is because hamburgER is plural! lol

The kids always ask for a 'girl cheese' sandwich ... and then inevitably Jacob pipes up and says he wants a 'boy cheese' instead!!

My 3-1/2 year old used to say these:

LETTOW = Yellow
MAY = Grammie
MAYHE = Grampie

Ok...I just have to share these few...

My neice calls me Butiful instead of beautiful...

My bosses son calls his daddy...uny...instead of Honey that he calls his mommy call his daddy...

I remembered another one... supposed is always upost even my 7 year old says it that way

Okay this was my dad's saying: instead of chiropractor . . . it was a CHOIRpractor

All Martin says so far is Hellola (hello and hola all mashed together) and OK. He can say OK as a question, an answer, and a statement of pleasure. He also calls all four legged critters Lila.

Motivating Someone to DirectorHere's my current dilemma... I've written about this consultant before.

I have a consultant who each year tells me she wants to promote to director, earn sometime, etc. One year she was within $700 on DECEMBER 1st of earning level one and said, "I'm okay with where I'm at... I'm not going to try for it." Then all of the following year complained at how close she had been to earning it. Each year she does nothing different for her biz.

So again, this year at our spring kick-off it was all, "I'M WALKING AT NC!" I told her I would commit to working with her. The first thing I asked her to do was to listen to the Duska Mills recording and e-mail me her thoughts on it. This is what she wrote:

Colleen, Just finished listening to Duska Mills audio. She makes some
excellent points and gives great practical advise (which I will incorporate
in my shows). The thing that really struck me was that you have to have NO DOUBT. In yourself, in your ability to reach the goal, etc. I am not happy to say this but I do have a lot of doubts about myself and my ability to commit myself to the goal of directorship. I have a bad attitude and know I am the only one who can get myself out of it and I don't know what I'm waiting for. At prayer group recently we heard that even if you don't feel like it-pray anyway. I know this is true of all things in life. Doing all
the things you have suggested helps a lot because they are constructive
steps to take. I know once my schedule is fuller the excitement will come
back and maybe then I can set that goal and make the commitment to promote to director but I don't feel capable of it right now.

So what do I do? Honestly, I'm finding myself "exhausted" building her up and "believing" in her. She tells me she needs that from me to make her feel good and want to work. She has openly admitted that she pulls the "poor me" card because it ALWAYS works for her. But frankly, I'm not sure I have it in me for another year!

With that, I just signed a new girl. She's been in direct sales before and really wants to promote. She was a manager in her former biz several years ago so pretty much knows the drill. I'm thinking once this new girl promotes or at least starts building a team of her own, this consultant will see and maybe get her hiney moving. (She can't stand not being #1.)

Any words of wisdom? I feel like I can't just give up but I find I'm exhausted from it. I'd rather put that energy elsewhere into my biz.

Tell her you understand and appreciate her honesty. At this point don't push the issue. If she's the type that likes to be number one, as soon as your new girl gets the ball rolling and is being recognized for her achievements that will light the fire. It could also turn her completely off, but at least you wont be in limbo wasting your time trying to get her there. Definitely let her know that you will continue to support her and help her when she is ready.

I would team up the new girl with her in a Step up to Director class or something. Also, let her know that you will "help" her with what she just said to you. You will not let her use the poor me excuse or let her get herself down. You need to almost treat her like a kid when she says something like "I'll try to do it" you say "What?" until she FINALLY comes back with "I'll do it" (I just did that with a consultant today). Praise her on her honesty and the ability to look inside her and see what she wants to change. Ask HER what she should do about whatever her monthly goals is. If she says she doesn't know, say "Well, if you did know, what would you do/say/be/etc?" It is amazing how that can take the pressure off and let them think freely!

Sit down with her and have her write down her goals and steps to reach them. Then match your efforts with hers. If she's not following through ask her if she has changed her mind about those goals and to tell you when she's ready to persue them again.

Thanks everyone! You all ROCK!!!!

cmdtrgd said:
I would team up the new girl with her in a Step up to Director class or something. Also, let her know that you will "help" her with what she just said to you. You will not let her use the poor me excuse or let her get herself down. You need to almost treat her like a kid when she says something like "I'll try to do it" you say "What?" until she FINALLY comes back with "I'll do it" (I just did that with a consultant today). Praise her on her honesty and the ability to look inside her and see what she wants to change. Ask HER what she should do about whatever her monthly goals is. If she says she doesn't know, say "Well, if you did know, what would you do/say/be/etc?" It is amazing how that can take the pressure off and let them think freely!

MY AD does this with me!!!
I have a habit of getting poopy about things and when I say "I am lousy at ____" she rags on me to make me say "I am in the process of getting better at______" It sounds silly and childish but IT WORKS!!

Took me awhile figure out what 'dumpidum' was. (dump truck) and then we had opticopter for helicopter.

My daughter always said glassable for breakable when she was little.

PChefPEI said:
My 3-1/2 year old used to say these:

LETTOW = Yellow
MAY = Grammie
MAYHE = Grampie

That's cute... when DD was younger she used to call my mom 'macon' (rhymes with bacon)... we're not sure why or how she came to that as all the other grandkids call her Gram or Grammy...

Oh and she always said mazagine instead of magazine.

travelgirl said:
Oh and she always said mazagine instead of magazine.

my daughter you to call hamburgers...... hamaboogers..... LOL

If you have a Chucky Cheese near you- you know children love to go there. Both my kids always called it Chunky Cheese.

So now my 2 year old has a hard time saying "milk."

He says "mut." It is the cutest thing.

Don't forget to put it in the baby book. As the mom of a 27 and 25 year old- it's so neat to look back every once and awhile and remember.

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cooking tips, and recipes to help make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

2. How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through a consultant, either through a home cooking show or online. You can also purchase directly from the Pampered Chef website.

3. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products are made with high-quality materials and are tested to meet safety standards. They also come with a one-year guarantee.

4. Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant. You can sign up through an existing consultant or through the Pampered Chef website. Consultants receive training, support, and the opportunity to earn money through sales and team building.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer any discounts or promotions?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers discounts and promotions on their products, especially during the holiday season. You can also earn free products by hosting a cooking show or by becoming a consultant. Check the website or ask your consultant for current promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies