• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quitting Pampered Chef & How to Do It, Advise Needed Please:)

In summary, Michele is considering quitting her full-time job to be a PC host. She is sad and scared, but her family comes first. She is considering sending out a newsletter and referring her customers and hosts to someone she trusts
ChefMichele1
Ok, so I've searched on here for advise regarding this exact topic. Since I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, I thought I would start a thread. I know several of my cluster members are on here and won't be completely shocked by this statement. I've been completely torn over the past several months as to what to do, how to do it, etc and hope some of you can offer help. I don't have a unique situation by any means (work full-time, PC, Girl Scout leader for both of my girls, etc.) I've been been extremely successful and absolutely love PC and never thought I would ever dream of giving it up, but things have changed. I've been sick and on so many meds since last June (wore me down even more than I was), marital troubles and my little girls miss me being around (when I'm not at shows) I'm making phone calls, sending invites, preparing for my show, etc. It's brought me to the decision that something has to give. None of the other things can go away, so I guess it has to be PC. (I have tried cutting back on shows, doing more catty shows, encouraging hosts to send invites, etc, but it's still not enough). I have awesome customers and hosts and feel as I'm letting them down by leaving them. How do I go about this? I've been pushing off for months now because people keep calling and emailing me for shows and I'm too chicken to say anything then another month goes by. Do I send it out via newsletter? Please help. (BTW, I'm crying as typing this because I know what I'm giving up, but my health and family needs to come first) Thanks

Michele, I am so sad for you, but really respect that you are able to make the decision for your family right now. I don't have an answer for you, but know that I am praying for you.

I would send out a newsletter and give them the name and number of someone you respect in the business (your director, a clustermate, etc) as their new go to person. Then you can pass on your customer/host list to that same person so they have a chance to follow up with these people.

Thanks to both of you. I already have several in mind as to whom to pass along info to. My director is probably the best one in the biz, knowledgle, caring, exciting, etc (I know many think you have the best. . lol) I do owe her. Then there are 2 others as well (both are here on CS). I've been dragging my feet way too long and find myself appologizing a lot. My hubby sat down with me yesterday and told me to my face I just have to do it "cold turkey". I feel better just reaching out to my CS family and like "giving my 2 weeks" just from typing this. Extra emotion because after work today I have a PC Fundraiser and have to put on a happy face, yet feel like I'm letting them down because I'm quitting on them:(

Michele! I"m so sorry to hear this! Very very sorry! :cry:

I would do exactly as you planning...and because you are so passionate about the biz, which clearly you ARE (and I KNOW you are)...maybe you can pick it back up at another time, or keep in mind the 6 mo termination and submit a small catty show before it's over so if your life changes you can pick it back up at some point.

Someone in this business quit about 8 years ago and gave me some very important contacts, and it changed my business. So God Bless You for blessing someone else. You will never get that time back with your girls, and PC will always be here. Sorry to see you go, but your family has to come first.

My Director made that decision due to medical issues. She sent a personal e-mail to her repeat hosts & referred them directly to one of us in her down line. Then she sent out a blanket e-mail to all of her clients stating that she was going to stop doing PC and listed all the girls still here on the island under her as referrals. When people still called (because as we all know, not everyone opens and READS our e-mails!), she just started rotating the referrals to us.One of her direct referrals is & always has been a $1,000 host. No complaints from me! She's a sweetheart and a half! :D

Thanks Steph,
I was torn when we were in Columbus at the spring launch. Jane is one of the only PC people I've discussed this with so admitting it to thousands of my closest PC friends on here has actually helped with the "healing" process. Gone back and forth cuz of my career sales, already earned free conference for this year, etc, etc. Every month just gets harder for me to leave. . .like you said for now. I know I can always come back, but I am losing so much. Ugh, I wish I didn't love this company and everything that goes with it so much. . .would be much easier!

I know, I couldn't IMAGINE quitting PC altogether. After earning the Disney trip, I have scaled WAY back. However, as others have mentioned on here, you do what your heart tells you to do for your family. I know that if I had circumstances as you that it would be a tough decision too. I'm praying for you!

Michele, i feel for you... Only i'm very disalusioned(sorry for spelling) with pc and due to personel reasons also am at a crossroads... Lets hope we both choose the right path...

It sounds like you've given this a lot of thought. I can't really add anything to the other suggestions. I'd just like to remind you that you're still welcome here. And, stepping away from PC now doesn't mean you can never come back. One day you may be in a place in life where PC makes sense again. Blessings on you and your family as you readjust your focus.

Sometimes the best decision we have to make are the hardest. God, Family and Career I live by it. I really hope your health improves soon. We are always here for you anytime you need us. Hugs

The only suggestion I would make, if it's feasible, is for your next few shows (perhaps anything booked in April, if you want to make this your last month), bring another consultant with you. Announce at the beginning that you are stepping down, hopefully only temporarily, and you have hand-picked So-And-So as their new Consultant. Then, either let her do the show, and have the commission and leads, or share the show and the commission. Once you have decided which will be your last show, send an e-mail to your the hosts of your remaining booked shows, as well as your customer list, with the contact information for their hand-picked replacement Consultant. Honestly try to match the Consultant to the hosts and customers, as much as possible. This way, no one feels like they were just 'dumped' on someone else.I'll be praying for your medical and marital issues, as well. Hug those little girls, and enjoy your time with them. Other Consultants can take over your business, but no one can replace Mommy or Wifey.

I would like to suggest that you talk to your consultant friends first. Sort of like assign them your hosts. This way they will not be surprised if they get contacted. Then contact your hosts. You can also get a new e-mail address for personal e-mails then put an out of town or vacation message on your business e-mail letting your "people" know that for personal reasons, you are no longer doing Pampered Chef. Then refer them to another consultant. Give that consultants e-mail address and phone number in the message. Blessings on the home front. Look at it this way, there is a reason for every decision we make. Even if it is not one we want to make. This will give you chance to heal physically and mentally and give you time you need with your family. That should always come first. And with Pampered Chef, "it does not mean no, it only means not now". If the time becomes right again later on down the road, we and the company, will always welcome you back with open arms. Many blessings to you!

pampchefsarah said:
The only suggestion I would make, if it's feasible, is for your next few shows (perhaps anything booked in April, if you want to make this your last month), bring another consultant with you. Announce at the beginning that you are stepping down, hopefully only temporarily, and you have hand-picked So-And-So as their new Consultant. Then, either let her do the show, and have the commission and leads, or share the show and the commission.

This is a great idea! It puts a face with a name and makes it personal.

Thanks to everyone for the support and ideas. I was working in my office this weekend to gather contact info, biz supplies, etc. to pass along to others. It was a "cleansing" experience and I cried my eyes out many many times going through everything, but my girls are so excited to get me back (they both even helped me organize my PC things).

1. How do I officially quit Pampered Chef?

To officially quit Pampered Chef, you will need to contact your direct consultant or the company's customer service department. They will guide you through the process and provide any necessary paperwork or instructions.

2. Is there a penalty for quitting Pampered Chef?

No, there is no penalty for quitting Pampered Chef. However, you may lose any unused product credits or bonuses that you have accrued.

3. Can I return my starter kit if I decide to quit Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can return your starter kit within 90 days of joining Pampered Chef for a full refund. After 90 days, you may still be able to return your kit for a partial refund, depending on the condition of the products.

4. How should I inform my customers that I am quitting Pampered Chef?

The best way to inform your customers is to send a personalized email or message explaining your decision to leave Pampered Chef. You can also offer them the option to purchase any remaining products at a discounted price.

5. What advice do you have for someone quitting Pampered Chef?

First, make sure to communicate your decision with your direct consultant and follow all necessary procedures. It's also important to maintain good relationships with your customers and offer them alternatives for purchasing Pampered Chef products. Lastly, take some time to reflect on your experience and consider what you learned from your time with the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • mechelle