• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quinoa Cooks Perfectly in the Rice Cooker!

In summary, quinoa is a grain that can be substituted for rice or couscous. It is high in protein and can be used as a vegetarian option.
aksusan
Just made some quinoa in the rice cooker. 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water, 5 min on high, 15 min on medium. Comes out perfectly!
:love:

I have to ask what is Quinoa?

it's a grain. good alternative to rice or couscous. very high in protein.

Thanks so much for the recipe. The nutritionist at the gym recommended eating this, but I too had no idea how to cook it.

Did you use the tan stuff or the red inca stuff? Wow, I'm excited it worked for you. I just bought 5 lbs online and so am looking for recipes!People should try Quinoa. High protein, High Fiber and a great way to lower cholesterol I usually cook up 1/2 lb at a time so I have some for plenty of meals.

When you make it, are you using it as a side dish - like rice?

I have a couple recipes that call for it, but I should probably use it more often, just looking for some ideas on how others use it.

I am so glad to hear that it cooks in the rice cooker! I have been wondering the same thing for a long time.

We always cook it in a pan. Quinoa (keen-wa) is a staple for me as it is gluten free. Be expressive when you cook it. You can add ANYTHING to it. Some times I add a little avacado, black beans and tomato. Some times it is some chicken and spinach. We mix it all in together with the Quinoa as one main dish.

I've been looking for recipes for it. This first time I just cooked it plain, then added some teriyaki sauce and sliced green onions to go w/an asian flavored pork tenderloin. It was really tasty.The girl I talked to said to cook it to al dente for best flavor and I think that is how it came out in the rice cooker. Still has a little pop to it. I'm thinking it would take well to any spices that you would use to flavor rice or anything like that.With the amount of protein in it it makes a great vegetarian option w/some additional veggies as a main dish.I have not seen red quinoa. Mine was plain colored (creamish) from a box someone gave me to try.

I don't like the red Quinoa. it is greyish when cooked. I got lots of recipes. will start to share.

great! looking forward to them! thanks!

1. What is quinoa and why is it a popular ingredient?

Quinoa is a grain-like seed that is high in protein and essential nutrients, making it a popular choice among health-conscious individuals. It is also gluten-free and versatile, making it a great substitute for rice or pasta in various dishes.

2. Can I cook quinoa in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can! Using a rice cooker to cook quinoa is a convenient and fool-proof method. It ensures that the quinoa cooks evenly and comes out fluffy every time.

3. How much water do I need to cook quinoa in a rice cooker?

The general rule of thumb is to use 1.5 cups of water for every 1 cup of quinoa. However, you may need to adjust the amount of water depending on the type and brand of your rice cooker.

4. How long does it take to cook quinoa in a rice cooker?

Cooking time may vary slightly depending on your rice cooker, but it usually takes about 15-20 minutes for quinoa to cook in a rice cooker. You will know it's done when all the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is light and fluffy.

5. Can I add seasonings or other ingredients to my quinoa in the rice cooker?

Yes, you can add seasonings, herbs, or other ingredients to your quinoa in the rice cooker to enhance the flavor. Just make sure to adjust the amount of water accordingly and add any additional ingredients towards the end of the cooking process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jammie
  • chefgirlrd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • smilesarepriceless