• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Turkey Chili Recipe | Consultant's Corner Copy

In summary, someone else saved the recipe from last winter and it is still on Consultant's Corner. The recipe calls for a Jalapeno, which can be taken out if desired, and can be made with ground beef or turkey. It is a perfect balance of spicy and mild.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
Does anyone have a copy of the recipe that was on Consultant's Corner a while ago for the Quick Turkey Chili made in the Deep Covered Baker? I can't find it and really would like it! TIA!

Bump... tell me someone saved this recipe from last winter... please!!! :balloon:

Microwave Quick Turkey ChiliThis quick and easy turkey chili is packed with flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes.1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
½ cup hot water1. Using Food Chopper, chop onion and jalapeño pepper. Dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Place vegetables in Deep Covered Baker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender.2. Add turkey, oil, garlic and salt; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through and breaking turkey mixture into crumbles.3. Add seasoning mix and flour; mix well to coat. Stir in tomatoes, beans and water. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking.Yield: 6 servings(Light) Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 25 g, Sodium 970 mg, Fiber 8 g

I made this last night-our family loves this recipe. In fact, I'm having leftovers for lunch today!

Just wanted to let you know that the recipe is still out on Consultant's Corner in case you need to print it out for customers. It's under the Recipes sections.

Hope you enjoyed the Chili!

Has anyone ever tried this with beef??

Anyone tried it using another method of cooking? I don't have the DCB yet.

Ann you are a life saver!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

chefheidi2003 said:
Has anyone ever tried this with beef??

Yes, I've made it with ground beef once but it seemed like it came out a bit "drier". The turkey really moistens the chili for some reason. Oh, and the chili is always REALLY tasty the next day! I had actually never cooked with ground turkey before trying this recipe but I think I'll be using more of it from now on.

SummerG said:
Yes, I've made it with ground beef once but it seemed like it came out a bit "drier". The turkey really moistens the chili for some reason. Oh, and the chili is always REALLY tasty the next day! I had actually never cooked with ground turkey before trying this recipe but I think I'll be using more of it from now on.

Thank you, I like ground turkey but I don't know if a lot of other people like it. Also is it really spicy?? I know that it calls for a Jalapeno so if that makes it to spicy I might have to take it out. My family doesn't really like spicy stuff. Bummer because I love it.

Heidi, taking the seeds and membranes (the light green parts) out of the jalapeno will help tame the heat. And use the Mild chili beans, too. Really, though, those 2 items are the only spicy things in the recipe, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Hey, that recipe is on CC .. Its under the recipes section. just click the whole tab, and its near the bottom! I have to try that!!

Thank you, if they don't like it then it just leaves more for me. I love chili and I would have it all spiced up if it weren't for them. LOL.

:p That would be a perfect recipe for winter time!! yum!

chefheidi2003 said:
Thank you, I like ground turkey but I don't know if a lot of other people like it. Also is it really spicy?? I know that it calls for a Jalapeno so if that makes it to spicy I might have to take it out. My family doesn't really like spicy stuff. Bummer because I love it.

I actually leave the jalapeno out and use the medium Chili beans instead. It's a perfect balance. Enjoy!

feather18 said:
Hey, that recipe is on CC .. Its under the recipes section. just click the whole tab, and its near the bottom! I have to try that!!

Heather... my friend, I and some other people were all trying to locate the recipe... none of us could find it! lol... I did what you said, and saw it right there! Thanks for letting me know I am not totally insane! and thanks to Ann for coming through with the recipe!

LOL! Your welcome!! I saw it there the other day but now you can print it or save it!! Haha.. Yeah thanks Ann for always coming thru for us!

I found it using the search on CC. You do know that's there, right? In the upper right of CC, there's a search box. It even searches within issues of the CN, so you can find LOTS of stuff.

I didn't even think of searching all of CC... I searched in the recipes, but couldn't find it... it's amazing how much stuff we forget about when we don't use it on a regular basis!

hey Ann whats CN?

Consultant News. It's the monthly newsletter we get in the mail - they're online in PDF format. Which is nice, because you can check them out at the beginning of the month, even if your mail copy is delayed (I finally got mine for September yesterday).

oh ok! I did know that! Lol! Thanks!

I just made this last night....YUM-O!!

I accidentally purchased a larger can of chili beans (I think it was 28 oz.) but I went ahead and used all of them...and left out the 1/2 cup of water.

My 13 yr. DSS said, and I quote: "Tastes like I went to heaven with a side of paradise!" He and I REALLY LIKED THIS! DH complained cuz there were actual pieces of veggies that he could see. So, he picked them out! (only the red pepper- I used red cuz I don't like green- and the jalapenos. I diced up the onion so fine he had to leave them in there!! LOL)

I used the jalepeno (seeds and membranes removed) and the mild chili beans. Had some spice to it, but I would NOT call this spicy chili!

What ingredients do I need for the Quick Turkey Chili Recipe?

The Quick Turkey Chili Recipe requires the following ingredients:

• 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 packet chili seasoning mix

Can I use a different type of meat instead of ground turkey?

Yes, you can substitute ground turkey with ground beef, chicken, or even vegetarian crumbles for this recipe.

How long does it take to make the Quick Turkey Chili?

The Quick Turkey Chili can be made in 30 minutes or less.

Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Simply brown the turkey and onions in a pan before adding them to the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

What are some recommended toppings for the Quick Turkey Chili?

Some popular toppings for this recipe include shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, and crushed tortilla chips. You can also customize with your favorite toppings such as jalapenos, green onions, or hot sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmatula
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • foodygirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ezundel
  • JessBarszcz