• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

QSP Mildew Buildup: Any Solutions?

In summary, some people have a problem with mildew on their QSP pitchers and covers. The problem seems to be related to water, with some people finding mildew even after using bleach.
laurichef
Gold Member
Has anyone had a problem w/ mildew in the QSP? :eek: I have the old pink one, and a new clear one, and both get mildew on the plunger, and the inside rim of the cover, by the time we are done w/ the iced tea. I never had this with any other pitcher/cover.
I have to scrub it w/ a brush to get it all out, rinse in hot water, and dry completely. The I am always hesitant to use it again, but my kids usually beat me to it.
Is it my water? Has anyone else heard of this? :confused:
TIA.

I've never experience mildew, but I do get that tea buildup. If it's too bad, I'll fill the QSP with bleach water and put the plunger back on to soak. Running it the dishwasher always does the trick on the lighter buildup. HTH

I have never had that problem and I have the older style (large size). How long is the tea in the fridge? Maybe I don't see it because I go through a gallon of tea a week at home!

Laurie - I don't think its our water...

My kids use so much it never gets a chance to get mildew - I can only recommend that it is throughly dried before putting it back in the cabinet, - could be this wonderful humid weather we are having here!

I get this too, with Kool-aid or crystal light or anything. And its not on the fridge but a few days. But the worst part is it gets in the bottom of the plunger in those little spaces. Mine is the old style with the white plunger.

I would clean it well with bleach to kill any spores that might be hiding out. Hopefully that will take care of it for you - then make sure it doesn't sit too long after use.

My sister and I both have that problem. I put mine in the dishwasher once and it warped the plunger, then a month or so ago the top of the plunger broke while plunging! I still have call HO to get it replaced. But, I've never tried bleach. I wish there was a seal so that liquid couldnt' get down into the crevices of the plunger!

The only problem I have had with the qsp is a little warping after running it through the dishwasher, I would let it dry completely after it is cleaned.

We usually mix it up in the morning, and it is gone by dinner, so it's not like it sits for too long.
Maybe it is the humidity, and condensation, but I usually have the AC on.
I'll try the bleach and see if it helps.
I am afraid to put it in the DW, as mine tends to melt things.

I don't have a problem with mildew but the top, especially the edge that fits down in the pitcher, has a cloudy appearance. I have tried scrubbing, bleach, etc. I have not put it in the D/W. Any recommendations?

I also have a similar problem on the easy read measuring cup. I did put it in the D/W but I can't seem to get the cloudy film off of it. I like to use it in my demo of the new consultant kit but it looks yucky.

I have the older style Family QSP and I have never had a problem with mildew. We usually make tea or lemonade in it and it is in there for about a week before we get through it all, and never any mildew.

I put my QSP in the dishwasher all of the time and it has never warped. I put the plunger on the top rack and the pitcher on the bottom rack.

elizabethfox said:
never any mildew.I put my QSP in the dishwasher all of the time and it has never warped. I put the plunger on the top rack and the pitcher on the bottom rack.
I put mine in the DW too, same as you....no warp problems and no mildew either. I let mine air dry, too.

BBratrace said:
I don't have a problem with mildew but the top, especially the edge that fits down in the pitcher, has a cloudy appearance. I have tried scrubbing, bleach, etc. I have not put it in the D/W. Any recommendations?

I also have a similar problem on the easy read measuring cup. I did put it in the D/W but I can't seem to get the cloudy film off of it. I like to use it in my demo of the new consultant kit but it looks yucky.

I get the cloudy appearance too! I would love any recommendations as well!!!

I have a customer who has the buildup issue with tea. She was hoping that she could buy a replacement plunger. She really likes the pitcher but is sort of turned off by the discoloration.

1. What is the Quick Stir Pitcher and how does it work?

The Quick Stir Pitcher is a product designed by Pampered Chef for easy stirring of liquids. It has a built-in plunger that creates a vortex when pressed, allowing for quick and efficient mixing of ingredients.

2. Is the Quick Stir Pitcher dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Quick Stir Pitcher is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack for best results.

3. What is the capacity of the Quick Stir Pitcher?

The Quick Stir Pitcher has a capacity of 2 quarts, making it perfect for mixing larger batches of liquids or ingredients.

4. Can the Quick Stir Pitcher be used for hot liquids?

No, the Quick Stir Pitcher is not recommended for use with hot liquids. It is designed for room temperature or cold liquids only.

5. How do I clean the Quick Stir Pitcher?

The Quick Stir Pitcher can be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. Make sure to remove the plunger before cleaning and allow it to dry completely before use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies