• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Full-Time Work and Disability Benefits After Injury

In summary, returning to full-time work after being on disability benefits may result in a reduction or termination of benefits, depending on the type of benefits and income level. It is important to inform your provider of any changes to avoid overpayments. To navigate the return to work process, communication with your employer and medical provider is crucial, as well as understanding your rights under the ADA and FMLA. Whether or not you can continue to receive disability benefits while working part-time depends on the specific guidelines of your provider. Returning to work may also affect your eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid, and it is important to consult with your provider for guidance. There are resources available, such as vocational rehabilitation programs and support groups, to help navigate this transition.
K_Jurich
Ok so its been AWHILE since I have posted on here sorry everyone but its been reslly crazy, I went back to work Full-time and been working overtime to play catch up anyway. . . .Monday night I fell down my stairs at home and broke my tailbone and broke a rib on my right side and I am now out of work for at least 4 weeks. I am REALLY REALLY hoping that I will qualify for Disability since I have been employed @ the hospital for almost 10 years but up until 9 weeks ago I was only working once a month as of 9 weeks ago I have been back working full time and overtime hours. So I am really hoping that I qualify. But my question is IF i do get disability is submitting any shows going to affect disability? Cause if not then I really want to try to pack my calender full of as many catalog shows as I can. Anyone have any insite on this?

I don't know about disability, but there have been a couple of discussions about unemployment, so you may want to do a search on that.

Are you talking about disability through the govt or disability through your employer? If its through your employer its like an insurance plan so it shouldn't impact it, however I know with govt disability you are limited to the amount of income you can make per month, you can make money but it is limited.

through the gov

I have only submitted about 6 shows this year (hasnt really been a good year) so now my questions is do I even list it on the papers as an employment? I am sorry I am really unsure of how all this works. . .

1. What happens to my disability benefits if I return to full-time work?

If you return to full-time work after being on disability benefits, your benefits may be reduced or terminated. This will depend on the type of disability benefits you are receiving and your income level. It is important to notify your disability benefits provider of any changes in your work status to avoid any potential overpayments.

2. How can I navigate the process of returning to work after an injury?

The first step is to communicate with your employer about your injury and any accommodations you may need to return to work. You may also need to work with your medical provider to develop a plan for returning to work. Additionally, it is important to understand your rights and protections under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).

3. Can I continue to receive disability benefits while working part-time?

It depends on the type of disability benefits you are receiving. Some disability benefits may allow for part-time work while still receiving benefits, while others may reduce or terminate benefits if you are able to work part-time. It is important to check with your disability benefits provider for specific guidelines.

4. Will returning to work affect my Medicare or Medicaid coverage?

If you are receiving Medicare or Medicaid benefits, returning to work may impact your eligibility for these programs. Your income and assets may affect your eligibility for these programs, so it is important to consult with your benefits provider for specific guidelines.

5. What resources are available to help me navigate full-time work and disability benefits after an injury?

There are a variety of resources available to help individuals navigate the process of returning to work after an injury. These may include vocational rehabilitation programs, support groups, and disability advocacy organizations. You can also reach out to your employer's human resources department for assistance and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alora Rueth
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Julie Henne
  • RAlvarado
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Chefstover2