• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Assume My Show is Cancelled? Show Up and Find Out!

In summary, the host failed to return phone calls and emails, and when the guest showed up for the show, the host cancelled it.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I am supposed to have a show today at 3:00, here it is noon and no word from the host. When I talked with her two weeks ago we were still on. I have not been able to get a hold of her at all. Do I just assume that the show is cancelled or do I still go? I am so frazzeled because I feel like I am failing at this right now. I am having cancelation on top of cancelation. I have one more show this month and I hope it doesn't cancel. Tell me what you think please! :confused:

How far away is it?For me it would depend on how far away the show is from you. If it is not too far, I would show up and see if she is there. If it is too far and you have made several calls/messages with no response, I would cancel it, leave another message and tell her that you did not come since she wouldn't return your calls. Have you left several messages for her?

I left 2 messages last week while I was on vacation, and then I have left a message almost every day this week. This lady has already canceled twice on me already.

I would assume that she is not planning on having a show. I don't reschedule for people like that either. She clearly doesn't take your time seriousely enough. It happens, I have had months where I started with 8 shows and ended up with 3... you'll get through this. We all do

same thing happned to me. i had a show scheduled for the 30th of nov. and the host was really excited. she was even talking about doing a fundraiser for her dance school. 2 weeks before her show i was trying to call her and never got ahold of her. i tried many times and when i couldnt get her i just assumed she had canceled. she hasnt tried to contact me for another show so i am not really worried about. i got her on my email list and i send her a newsletter if she wants to re-schedule she will.

everyone says this is the best time of year for PC but i personallly think its tthe worst. i cant get any shows and have a total of 121.00 worth of sales for the month of nov. i have nothing for dec. or jan. or feb. or......etc. you get the point!!! but you never know when things will turn around!! dont give up yet!!!

If this happens to me I usually try to maintain control of the situation by stating a deadline on their voicemail. I will say " Hi ______, this is my ____ attempt to contact you concerning your Kitchen Show scheduled with me on ______. I hope that everything is o.k. with you and your family and that you have just been too busy to return my calls. I would still love to come and do your Kitchen Show if possible but in order to not waste my time or yours I have to say that if I don't hear back from you by ____ then I will be unable to do your Kitchen Show and I will schedule another Show in your slot. I hope to hear from you soon. Just in case you've misplaced my number, I can be contacted at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Have a good day." So far this has always worked for me. Sound sincere and make it about them. Yes some do call and say they have to cancel but it's usually with a ton of apologies or I can talk them into converting into a catalog show. HTH! :D

Let us know how it goes. I hope it works out ok for you. :)

Just Show UP!!I had a host do this to me in October. I gave her the benefit of the doubt because she was getting married the week before her scheduled party. I was calling to confirm her party 3 weeks before and she would never return my calls so I wrote her a letter. Letting her know if I didn't hear from her by X-date we could reschedule. Well, she called and we moved the date out a week. I do in person host coaching so when she kept dodging the calls we never had our host coaching meeting. She did email me her invite list so I mailed out the invitations. I knew people knew about the party.

She never got a host packet and all my calls to her 2 weeks before the party went unanswered. I emailed her the ingredient list and prayed she got the stuff. Then I just showed up on show day. I rang the doorbell twice and nothing. As I was opening my car door someone came running out. It wasn't even my host. It was her friend who was in the bathroom when I rang the bell.

The host had purchased the ingredients, but was not home. She didn't show up until 10 minutes after the show was to begin! Amazingly she had an AWESOME show. Her friends were real troopers. She got 5 bookings and over $600 in sales!!

Just goes to show you never know!! I say just show up. You already had the time blocked off anyway. What do you have to lose?

1. What is the "Quick Question" feature on Pampered Chef's website?

The "Quick Question" feature on Pampered Chef's website allows customers to quickly and easily ask any questions they may have about products, recipes, or the company's services.

2. How do I use the "Quick Question" feature?

To use the "Quick Question" feature, simply click on the "Quick Question" button on the product or recipe page you have a question about, and fill out the form with your question and contact information. A Pampered Chef representative will respond to your question as soon as possible.

3. Is there a limit to the number of questions I can ask using the "Quick Question" feature?

No, there is no limit to the number of questions you can ask using the "Quick Question" feature. We encourage our customers to ask as many questions as they need to make informed purchasing decisions or for any other inquiries.

4. Are there any topics that are off-limits for "Quick Question" submissions?

The "Quick Question" feature is designed for product, recipe, and general company inquiries. We ask that customers refrain from submitting questions or comments that are offensive, inappropriate, or unrelated to Pampered Chef.

5. How long does it typically take to receive a response to a "Quick Question" submission?

We strive to respond to all "Quick Question" submissions within 24 hours during business days. However, during peak times or holidays, it may take slightly longer to receive a response. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • nay62
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
jbachen