• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Your Pampered Chef Tools Losing Their Oomph?

In summary, the ice cream dipper cannot go in the dishwasher and the spritzer has been known to have problems.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey guys! I had a show today and this one lady had two problems. Her first problem was her ice cream dipper was placed into the dishwasher and now it doesn't scoop out the ice cream easily anymore. She's under the warranty so I'm not too concerned about it but have any of you heard of the dipper losing it's Oomph?
Second question~Her kitchen spritzer (which she bought a long time ago) is stinky. I don't own the spritzer yet and have never heard of this happening so I don't know what to tell her and HO is closed for the weekend. Has of anybody heard of this and if so, what should I tell her to do? I don't even know what she had in it. Another guest was there (who owns 3 of them) and told her to clean it with bleach. What should I tell her?
Please help me! :eek:
Thanks in advance! :)

The ice cream dipper cannot go in the dishwasher. The extreme hot water messes with the gel in it.As for the spritzer - sorry, dunno about that.

I told her that the dipper cannot go in the dishwasher and made sure to make an announcement to everyone to read their Use and Care cards when they get their products!
I am very curious on the spritzer though??? :confused:

I'm wondering if she didn't keep it stored out of the light? If you have oil in the spritzer (or anything else) and you don't keep it in a cool, dark place, it will go bad. And spoilt oil smells so gross! :lol:

Spritzer question...I have a kitchen spritzer from 2 years ago. Have they changed the pump at all since then? I have had lots of complaints on them, and haven't sold any recently...just curious, and hoping they have a new pump now. I'm disappointed with mine...

Thanks

chefbilyeu said:
I have a kitchen spritzer from 2 years ago. Have they changed the pump at all since then? I have had lots of complaints on them, and haven't sold any recently...just curious, and hoping they have a new pump now. I'm disappointed with mine...

Thanks
They haven't changed but now they come with 2 pumps. I like that because now if one is clogged you can just pot it out and put the other in to finish cooking and then soak the dirty one. One piece of advice that seems to answer a lot of the concerns was: after using it unscrew the top so that it "burps" that helps avoid the clogging. My first remidy for clogs or getting a stream of oil is to put the tip under very hot tap water - usually works. I also found that if the oil is in it too long it clogs. The oil should be replaced at least every couple months.

I've never had a single problem using it with lemon juice or water. I also heard that you can put hair spray that you can buy in bulk in it.

Here are directions on how to clean the spritzer.

Attachments

• Cleaning Suds Pump Spritzer.doc
    22 KB · Views: 494
Thank you so much everyone! I'm so glad to have all of your help! Thanks again! ;)

Great for callsI use these type of "problems" as a way to make my Customer Care Calls.
It gives a good excuse to call your customers and gives them valuable information in the process.

If you have any customers who buy the dipper, you can base your "out of the box" call on this~ "Hi Mary, I was calling to make sure your order was okay and that everything is satisfactory. I noticed you purchased our ice cream dipper and just wanted to remind you that it is not dishwasher safe"

I have done this for all my stoneware calls, and I give a brief rundown on seasoning it, and how to avoid temperature shock... I also use the opportunity to highlight our warranty and make myself available should anything go wrong.

I am not lying, 7 times out of 10, most people are so happy to hear it and confess they didn't read their use and care card. This happens mostly with outside orders (since they didn't hear me say it at the show & didn't see the demo) and with those items that are ordered but I didn't demonstrate.

I haven't sold the dipper, but I will remember to remind people of this fact.
Thanks!!

What is the purpose of the Spritzer?

The Spritzer is a multipurpose kitchen tool designed for spraying oils, vinegars, and other liquids onto food or cooking surfaces.

How do I use the Spritzer?

To use the Spritzer, simply fill the bottle with your desired liquid, pump the top a few times to build pressure, and then spray onto your food or cooking surface.

Can I use the Spritzer with any type of liquid?

Yes, the Spritzer is designed to work with a variety of liquids, including oils, vinegars, dressings, and even water.

How do I clean the Spritzer?

To clean the Spritzer, we recommend rinsing it with warm soapy water after each use. For tougher buildup, you can also disassemble the Spritzer and wash the parts separately.

What is the capacity of the Spritzer?

The Spritzer has a capacity of 7 ounces, making it perfect for smaller amounts of liquid and easy to handle and store.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • TJMagoo