• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Quick Mexican Themed Dessert Idea?

In summary, the conversation suggests making a Mexican-themed dessert for a show, with the options being Mexican chocolate cake, Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches, "Fried" Ice Cream, Pina Colada Trifle, and Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue. The Mexican chocolate cake is a quick and easy option, while the other desserts offer a tropical twist with coconut, pineapple, and cinnamon flavors.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I'm doing a Mexican theme show tomorrow and my hostess wants to add a dessert...anyone know of anything I could do that would be QUICK?? I'm contemplating maybe the mexican chocolate cake...if she helps me prep it before and i can just throw it together??

Mexican Chocolate Cake Yield: 6 servings
12 oz Semi sweet chocolate. melted
4 Eggs separated (room
-temperature)
3/4 c Sugar
1 c Mayonnaise (room
-temperature)
3/4 c Ground almonds
1/4 c Flour
1/4 c Kahlua
Confectioners' Sugar
Line the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with waxed paper. Lightly grease the waxed paper and side of pan. Melt the chocolate and cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat the egg yolks. Gradually add sugar and beat until light about 4 minutes. Add mayonnaise and beat for 1 minute longer. Stir in the ground almonds and flour until blended. Stir in Kahlua. In a medium bowl, using clean beater, beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 55 min. or until firm.
Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the side of the pan and cool the cake 30 minutes longer. Invert onto a wire rack and remove bottom of pan and waxed paper. Cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar you might try using a geometric pattern made from paper to create an interesting design instead of the old doily trick.

The Strawberry Coconut Tres Leches...it is easy to make and delicious too!

"Fried" Ice cream:
Crush Frosted Flakes. Dip ice cream into balls. Roll in crushed Frosted Flakes. I used to do this with the caramel sprinkles mixed in before they were discontinued. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

Pina Colada Trifle in new SB, to me is kind of tropical Mexican. I defiantely think it fits the theme.

Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue.It's in the All the Best Cookbook page 96. Chocolate w/cinnamon...yumm. I never do the cinnamon crisps. Just serve it with fruit like apple wedges, strawberries and bananas.

What are some quick and easy Mexican themed dessert recipes?

Some quick and easy Mexican themed dessert recipes include churros, tres leches cake, sopapillas, and Mexican wedding cookies.

Can I make Mexican themed desserts without using an oven?

Yes, many Mexican themed desserts such as flan, fruit paletas, and Mexican hot chocolate can be made without an oven.

What ingredients are essential for making a Mexican themed dessert?

Some essential ingredients for making a Mexican themed dessert include cinnamon, vanilla extract, chocolate, and various types of fruit such as mango, pineapple, and coconut.

How can I add a twist to traditional Mexican themed desserts?

You can add a twist to traditional Mexican themed desserts by incorporating unique flavors such as chili powder, cayenne pepper, or even tequila. You can also experiment with different types of fillings or toppings.

Can I make a Mexican themed dessert for a large group of people?

Yes, many Mexican themed desserts can easily be scaled up to feed a large group of people. Some great options for a crowd include tres leches cake, churro bites, and fruit paletas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pclady213
  • chef tso
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies