• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Main Dishes: Delicious Ideas to Demo Without the Microwave

In summary, the conversation includes suggestions for quick main dishes that do not involve using a microwave. Some popular options include Spinach Carbonara Pizza, 3 Cheese Garden Pizza, Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, Tomato Basil Squares, and Skillet Lasagna. The Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto and Creamy One Pot Pasta are also recommended, and it is mentioned that the rice for the risotto can be pre-cooked in a rice cooker. Overall, the conversation provides a variety of quick and easy recipe ideas for a demonstration using a skillet.
pattikake
I need some ideas ... host wants me to demo a 'quick' main dish and doesn't want to use the microwave. What are some of your favorite quick dishes?

I was on a kick with a string of hosts who wanted the Spinach Carbonara Pizza. It is so good. You need to cook the bacon on the stove for the best flavor (could be done ahead of time if you can't use the stove during the demo,) You do use the microwave to wilt the spinach, but I'm not sure if your host meant she doesn't want to use her microwave at all or just didn't want a meal that is cooked in the microwave.The 3 Cheese Garden Pizza is also a well loved and pretty easy recipe.

Clubhouse Chicken Squares - classic and ALWAYS a hit!

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad - quick and very good!

deluxe cheeseburger salad or garden ranch pizza :)

Tomato Basil Squares -- well loved and EASY EASY EASY!

Three-Cheese Garden Pizza. My husband and I love this recipe.

The New California Club Pizza is really good. Don't skip the bacon. Cook it as directed before the show.

one of our fabulous salads (Asian citrus is my favorite)

Thanks everyone! I was hoping to use our skillet .. I've done the Asian Pork Noodle thingy .. but haven't done much else .. any skillet ideas? Also, can we easily convert the microwave DCB recipes for use in the oven?

pattikake said:
Thanks everyone! I was hoping to use our skillet .. I've done the Asian Pork Noodle thingy .. but haven't done much else .. any skillet ideas? Also, can we easily convert the microwave DCB recipes for use in the oven?

I know you can do the Mexican Chicken Lasagna in the oven, it takes twice as long (you are just heating it through). However it wouldn't be a good demo using the oven because it would take to long before the guests eat.

Chef Endora said:
Skillet Lasagna.

I agree! Awesome demo. I pair it with the Garlic Bites.

I make the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto in the 12" Skillet at home all the time, and it's great. Just have the host cook the chicken ahead of time if you can, and the rest is a snap! It was in a Season's Best a few seasons back.

Creamy One Pot Pasta in the 12" skillet is fantastic.

cathyskitchen said:
I make the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto in the 12" Skillet at home all the time, and it's great. Just have the host cook the chicken ahead of time if you can, and the rest is a snap! It was in a Season's Best a few seasons back.

that is a YUMMY recipe. I need to make that again!

My favorite is the Brown Butter Tortellini with Spinach and Ham from p. 87 of 29 Min. to Dinner, vol. 1. Quick, easy and incredibly good and surprising how the spinach is cooked/wilted pouring the boiling water from the tortellini on top of it in a strainer. I've made this several times, and twice at shows.

Quick question ... can the rice for the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto be pre-cooked in the Rice Cooker? I'm assuming yes?! I really love the rice cooker, and thought this would be a good way to show the cooker.

I love the spinach carbonara pizza. To make it even quicker i use the already cooked bacon and just chop it up. Everyone always loves it!!! I was making it once a week for a while for my family.

pattikake said:
Quick question ... can the rice for the Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto be pre-cooked in the Rice Cooker? I'm assuming yes?! I really love the rice cooker, and thought this would be a good way to show the cooker.

yes, and it's MUCH CHEAPER this way too! That ready rice stuff is EXPENSIVE!!!!

What are some quick main dishes that can be easily demonstrated without using a microwave?

Some quick main dishes that can be easily demonstrated without using a microwave include one-pot meals such as stir-fries, skillet dinners, and sheet pan meals. Other options include salads, sandwiches, and pasta dishes.

Can you provide some ideas for main dishes that can be made in under 30 minutes?

Yes, there are many delicious main dish options that can be made in under 30 minutes. Some ideas include grilled chicken or fish, tacos, quesadillas, panini sandwiches, and frittatas. You can also use pre-made ingredients like pre-cooked chicken or canned beans to save time.

How can I make sure my quick main dish is still healthy and nutritious?

To ensure your quick main dish is still healthy and nutritious, focus on incorporating a variety of fresh vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. You can also use cooking methods like grilling, roasting, and steaming to minimize the use of added fats. Additionally, choose lower sodium options for sauces and seasonings.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for quick main dishes?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan options for quick main dishes. These include dishes like veggie stir-fries, quinoa bowls, bean-based chili, tofu or tempeh stir-fries, and vegetable pasta dishes. You can also experiment with different plant-based proteins like lentils, chickpeas, and edamame.

What are some tips for presenting and demonstrating these quick main dishes at a Pampered Chef party?

To successfully present and demonstrate quick main dishes at a Pampered Chef party, make sure to have all your ingredients and cooking tools prepped and ready to go. Keep your audience engaged by explaining each step and highlighting the benefits of using Pampered Chef products. You can also offer variations or substitutions to accommodate different dietary preferences or restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies
Views
ChefDode
  • ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg