• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disastrous Show Experience: Unprepared Host and Unclean Kitchen

In summary, the host had a party and did not send any invitations. The guest showed up 1.5 hrs after the host left for the party and the host had to cook for the guest and the guest's family. The host's kitchen was dirty and the guest described medical problems.
Amyskitchen2
Okay so I just got back from the worst show ever. The host did not send any invites or e-vites, only used FB which I discouraged her from doing but she did anyway. Then I show up at her house 15 miles away 1.5 hrs after I left my house because of traffic. Thankfully I leave myself an hr drive time no matter how far I am going and I left a little early to stop at bank. I arrive and the neighborhood is questionable, I then had to lugg my kit a block to her house because she does not have parking near her house (I dont' know how she does it with groceries and 3 kids). Her house is a mess, cat on the counters, kids everywhere, hers and others (parents not present). Her kitchen is grotesquely unclean, which gave me the willies, I am still freaked out and have been home for about an hour. 1 guest showed up and didn't even order anything. I was basically there to cook for her family. I do have a few orders to put togehter to help her get to a show but come on, I should not be working her show she should. I had to listen to the 1 guest describe her medical problems repeatedly. Oh, and she chose the Grilled Chicken penne al fresca and didn't cook the chicken. Just throws 3 breasts on the counter, WTF. I cooked the chix in the DCB and moved on but my list specifically says, 3 cups grilled chix, please have cooked and ready when I arrive. And I had to pay a babysitter $40 for tonight and I don't even know if I will make that $ back. I just hate when this happens. I know that they all can't be winners but come on woman CLEAN YOUR KITCHEN if someone is coming to cook and you are having guests. I think people didn't come becasue they have been there before and are afraid to return. I realize everyone has a kitchen and everyone need to eat but I am still freaked out by this house. I don't mean to judge but I just can't help but be disgusted.

Okay my vent is done. I now need to take a shower to wash tonight off of me. Good night.

That's what we are here for. As they say on here "bless and release". :)

I will suggest this....do NOT give her that show if she did not get you the orders. If YOU are adding orders of your own to make it a minimum show, do not give HER the benefits. Put the show in your name. I've had a show go south - not NEARLY as bad as yours, but the host had 2 orders for barely $50. I had the rest. If she does manage to get outside orders, then it's a different story obviously.
Sorry it was a bad experience...thankfully, they are not all that way. And after your shower, wash EVERYTHING in your bag- including the bag! ;) You don't want any stow-aways.

Sounds like one I had once - sort of the same situation except it was huge dogs and dog hair every where!!My sister did ask me about other host's cleaning their houses after her last party when she was stressing over how clean her house needed to be. I've had a few that apparently didn't care what their house looked like! Stuff every where, dirty dishes I had to dig through to clean mine, a boat motor on the floor in the middle of the dining room! It has been crazy but the good ones way out weigh the bad ones.

I'm feeling sorry for you! I was in a bad mood because 3 April shows moved to May and June all today!!! Well, heck, I can deal with my problem. As a matter of fact....I booked another for May as well.
It's awfully nice of you to add orders to her (NON)show like that.
I would have thrown them on someone else's show, and said the heck with that.

I had a show like that once--it was one for the books. I feel your pain.

Glad you have someplace safe to vent. I agree with Bobbi, though. It's one thing to add someone's order if the host has worked no her show but been the victim of bad timing. It's another for her to have not one ordering guest.

I agree. Don't give her those orders to make a show. If she doesn't collect outside orders just politely explain to her that she does need to have $150 in orders in order for her show to count as a show, and that you'll be happy to take her order and put it on a show you're having!

mountainmama74 said:
I agree. Don't give her those orders to make a show. If she doesn't collect outside orders just politely explain to her that she does need to have $150 in orders in order for her show to count as a show, and that you'll be happy to take her order and put it on a show you're having!
Exactly what I was going to say.

I agree, at least you may be able to make up some of your loss with free product if put it in as your own show.... that is aweful!
My Director told me a story where she went to a house so dirty once that while she was demonstrating she could see fleas crawling on her Tool Turn-About.... can you imagine?!!!

mountainmama74 said:

I agree!!!

I have had a couple hosts do the facebook invites and it just doesn't work! As much as we host coach them toward the "standard" invites some just don't get it. Chalk it up to one of "those" shows. Hope the venting helped you.

little input on the FB invites, I have had very successful shows using them.. IF the hostess makes her calls before the show. Just closed a $2020 show with FB invites only

PCJenni said:
little input on the FB invites, I have had very successful shows using them.. IF the hostess makes her calls before the show. Just closed a $2020 show with FB invites only

That's the key though- the phone call contacts....not the invites through FB.

I agree...do not give her the orders for her show. I would rather pay a little extra in shipping (if you already quoted the others $4.50) then to give someone else 'undeserving' the extra orders. I am sorry that happened! I had something similar, so shower, and have a glass of wine, and start over tomorrow!

This is why I mail out my hosts invites for them. Then I know that it gets done. If they tell me that they don't want to do invites and only do FB I tell them that I only need them to spend 4 minutes on getting me addresses and emailing them to me and I will do the rest. I even pay the postage.

I usually find out those are the shows that hold the most too and my show average went up. Just something for you to think about- sorry the show turned out that way.

How many guests did she say she had coming during the host coaching? Maybe something happened last minute and you can encourage her to get outside orders from those "guests"?

I am so sorry this happened to you! Bless and release! I also agree not to give her the orders, she needs to work a little to get the host benefits. As for the FB invites, I have had them go both ways. I have had shows that are great where hosts only use them and other shows that stunk when the host only used FB. I really believe it depends on how motivated and excited the hosts are.

(((hugs))) and I agree, if she doesn't do the $150 on her own, she doesn't get the benefits. ;)You can put her orders in as individual orders or add them to your show and you reap the rewards for your drive, time & sitter costs.

I am adding orders to my own catty show. I told her unless she comes up with $150 in sales her items will not be shipped until my catty show is closed. She was fine with it. I just hope her CC clears, kwim.

Hope the horror of the grotesque kitchen as faded!
Glad to hear you are not giving her a show.

I agree not to give her the show. I walk in the house without product first to see how to set up. And when I would have seen the mess, filth, and the pets all over the counters, I would have told her I cannot do her show and walked out.

WOW! How awful for you!! I think most all of us will eventually have a similar story, me included. Definitely agree to not give her any orders! (after all, wouldn't that mean you'd have to go to her house again to pick them up? yikes!)

Sounds like you took the high road here, so congratulations on that! It's not always easy to do, after all.

1. What is "Quick Little Vent..."?

"Quick Little Vent..." is a line of kitchen tools and accessories designed to make cooking and meal prep faster and easier. These tools are perfect for busy individuals who want to save time in the kitchen without sacrificing quality.

2. Are "Quick Little Vent..." products safe to use?

Yes, all "Quick Little Vent..." products are made with high-quality materials and are rigorously tested to ensure they are safe for use in the kitchen. They are also designed with ergonomic handles and other safety features to prevent accidents while using them.

3. Can "Quick Little Vent..." products be used for all types of cooking?

Yes, "Quick Little Vent..." products are versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods, including baking, grilling, and stovetop cooking. They are also suitable for use with all types of cookware, including non-stick and stainless steel.

4. How do I clean "Quick Little Vent..." products?

Most "Quick Little Vent..." products can be easily cleaned with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth. Some products may also be dishwasher safe for convenience. Be sure to check the product's instructions for specific cleaning recommendations.

5. Can I purchase "Quick Little Vent..." products in a set?

Yes, many "Quick Little Vent..." products are available in sets, making it easy to stock your kitchen with all the essential tools you need. These sets also make great gifts for friends and family who love cooking and kitchen gadgets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • pamperedharriet
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet