1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Quick Can Opener Question

1. Hey, I have a friend/customer whose can opener has become dull over time (longer than the 2 year warranty I'd imagine). She was told she would have to have the blades sharpened somewhere and this is probably going to cost her almost as much as a new can opener!

Is there anything I can tell her? Do we sell replacement blades/parts/anything?!?

Thanks a bunch! :)

Sep 16, 2009
  2. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

No, we don't have replacement parts for the Smooth-Edge Can Opener.
    I'm not sure the blades can be sharpened, but if they can but it's going to cost more than $17.50, it'd be wiser to buy a new one!
    Or ask her to collect some orders (Catalog Show) and earn one for FREE!

Sep 16, 2009
  3. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

They do wear out over time - more quickly, with harder or more frequent use. If it's worn and it is beyond warranty, congratulate her that she got her money's worth!

Sep 16, 2009
  4. Okay guys, thanks a bunch. I let her know... she'll probably order soon. :)

Sep 17, 2009
  5. zmom58

zmom58 Member

I had a customer tell me to dip a Q-tip in goo gone or rubbing alcohol and rub it on the "wheel" and the "spokes." It will help for a while. This is a good tip to share at your shows if someone brings up their can opener in a negative way.
    Deb

Sep 19, 2009
  6. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

Ooh - great tip! Thanks!!

Sep 19, 2009
Have something to add?