• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Quick Black Bean Chili Recipe - Perfect for Soups, Stews, and Chilis!

C
chefjules
I have a host ask for the Quick Black Bean Chili. She said it was on the Soups, Stews, and Chilis recipe cards. Does anyone have that recipe? My show is on Friday!

You may not understand my nonsense on this document. So keep in mind:
1) You can disregard the "thumbs".
2) The ingredients list is at the top for copy/paste to email to send to host. Therefore, the amounts are in the recipe portion.

Good demo - Prep and cook time is only 30 minutes. You can also have crackers or chips in a SA dish and pico & guac in the SA small bowl/caddy with small bamboo spoons. I bet it's a really colorful demo with the new stripes! Haven't done it yet.

Attachments

• Guide - Quick Black Bean Chili.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 317
rwesterpchef said:
You may not understand my nonsense on this document. So keep in mind:
1) You can disregard the "thumbs".
2) The ingredients list is at the top for copy/paste to email to send to host. Therefore, the amounts are in the recipe portion.

Good demo - Prep and cook time is only 30 minutes. You can also have crackers or chips in a SA dish and pico & guac in the SA small bowl/caddy with small bamboo spoons. I bet it's a really colorful demo with the new stripes! Haven't done it yet.

Rita, where did you get those jokes? The tear gas one is so funny! Thanks for all the details. Can you explain the can opener comments (rats and cans)? Any maybe some of the others please.

Explanation of thumbs / jokesWhen I first started, I was always afraid I'd get stage fright. I am also blind as a bat (and probably need to wear glasses), so I do not like having to read from a small font recipe book. So, I create my show "recipe" guides so that I can see, and can glance at fill-in comments during a quiet time of the show. Guests think I'm just glancing to see a measurment of an ingredient or something, when in reality it was a reminder of points or a joke that I wanted to throw in about the product I was demoing.
Now for some can opener explanations:
Safe for children - you don't have to worry about them cutting themselves on the can when they're helping in the kitchen.
Pets - if they get in your trash, you may want to injure them, but at least the can will not.
Rodents - the FDA has regulations on cleanliness of warehouses where canned goods are stored. We all know they are not spic n span. Imagine the urine and other waste deposits that are on the tops of the cans. When we use the old fashioned can opener, what happens to the lid...that's right, it falls down into the contents that we plan to eat! Now we can take the time to run them under water and dry off with a towel, but now we have more laundry to do. I DO ENOUGH laundry, how 'bout you?!? Instead let me show you how to keep the top of the can from touching the ingredients inside. Okay, now this is the adults only portion of the show...(you have to be humorous and a little cutesy/racy for the group to find it humorous)...
I am going to show you a way to use this can opener so that you'll never forget.
Okay, first you have to spread her legs (holding up can opener to demo)
Then you bump her up against the can...
Squeeze your legs together and gently rotate...(ooooh, can you feel it working?!?)
When you feel that slight pressure of release (made it all the way around the can)...
It's LIFT OFF!! (remove lid)
I always get a chuckle. Once, I had a host have me demo it again for her husband when he walked in the room hearing everyone laughing.

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can definitely help you out with the Quick Black Bean Chili recipe. It is indeed on the Soups, Stews, and Chilis recipe cards. Here is the recipe for you:Ingredients:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese, for topping (optional)Instructions:
1. In a large pot, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink.
2. Add diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chili seasoning mix, and water to the pot. Stir to combine.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Serve hot, topped with shredded cheese if desired.I hope this helps and your show on Friday is a success! Happy cooking!

1. What are the ingredients for the Delicious Quick Black Bean Chili Recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include black beans, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and chicken or vegetable broth.

2. How long does it take to make the Delicious Quick Black Bean Chili?

This recipe can be made in just 30 minutes, making it a perfect option for a quick and easy dinner or potluck dish.

3. Can I substitute the black beans for another type of bean?

Yes, you can use any type of beans you prefer or have on hand, such as kidney beans or pinto beans.

4. Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians or vegans?

Yes, this recipe is vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, this chili can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• catlwilles
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kimmyb76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies