• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Apple Cream Cake Recipe with Time-Saving Tips | APCS & MFP Usage"

In summary, this recipe is delicious and easy to follow. The author suggests using a Manual Food Processor to mix together the ingredients, which I think would be a great substitution for the whisk called for in the recipe. Some additional tips could be to preheat the oven before adding the batter, toasting the pound cake slices, and to serve with a cream or ice cream topping.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
Any tips for this recipe, I love it and it is well received at parties. I've changed up the 1st step, and I'll core and slice with the Simple Slicer and then also show the guests the APCS.

As I was reading the recipe, I thought of using the Manual Food Processor to mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar & egg yolk until smooth (verses whisking as the recipe states). What are your thoughts on substituting the MFP for the whisk? Also any tips you can add for this recipe?

I don't have any tips, but I made it for a "Favorite Things" party I went to a few months ago and it got rave reviews. It was so delicious and didn't seem at all like something made in the microwave! Your guests will love it!Shari in TX

I am having trouble finding the printed recipe for this cake. I have googled it and can only find the video. I also tried just writing it down from the video but he doesn't give the measurements for every ingredient. Thanks

It is in this season's Season's Best.
Quick Apple Cream Cake
4 medium Gala apples
1 lemon
1/4 cup flour
1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar, divided
1 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
¼ cup butter (½ stick)
1 pkg frozen pound cake (10.75 oz.), thawed
1 pkg cream (8 oz) cheese, softened (non-fat is ok)
½ cup sour cream (non-fat is ok)
1 ½ tbsp cornstarch
1 egg yolk (the whole egg is ok)

1. Core the apples using The Corer. Cut apples in half lengthwise. Slice apples using Simple Slicer on #2 setting. Stack slices and cut in half and place into Classic Batter Bowl.

2. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp. (30 mL). Add lemon juice flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and butter to batter bowl (do not mix). Microwave uncovered, on high 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.

3. Remove batter bowl from microwave; mix using Small Mix ‘N Scraper until combined. Microwave, uncovered, on High 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened.

4. Meanwhile, cut pound cake into sixteen even slices.

5. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk together cream cheese, sour cream, cornstarch, remaining ¼ cup (50 mL) brown sugar and egg yolk until smooth.

6. To assemble cake, arrange eight of the pound cake slices to fit evenly in bottom of Deep Covered Baker.
Using Medium Scoop, place six scoops of the cream cheese mixture over pound cake; spread evenly using Small Spreader.
Pour half of the apple mixture (being sure to incorporate sauce) over cream cheese layer; spread to cover evenly.

7. Repeat layers with remaining pound cake, cream cheese mixture and apple mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high 4-5 minutes or until mixture is heated through.

8. Remove from microwave, let stand 2-3 minutes.

US Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 47 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g

Thank you so much. I didn't think to look through my actual printed books.

I SO need to try this. It sounds YUMMY!!!

1. What ingredients are needed to make Quick Apple Cream Cake?

The ingredients needed for this recipe are: 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1 can of apple pie filling, 1 package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of milk.

2. Can I substitute the yellow cake mix with a different flavor?

Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix for this recipe, such as white, spice, or even chocolate. Just make sure to adjust the other ingredients accordingly.

3. How long does it take to make Quick Apple Cream Cake?

The prep time for this recipe is about 10 minutes and the baking time is about 35-40 minutes. So, in total, it should take around 50 minutes to make this delicious dessert.

4. Can I use fresh apples instead of canned apple pie filling?

Yes, you can use fresh apples for this recipe. Simply peel and slice 2-3 medium-sized apples and cook them in a saucepan with 1/4 cup of sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon until they are tender. Then, use them as you would the canned apple pie filling in the recipe.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. After baking and cooling the cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, you can reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds or serve it at room temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • straitfan
  • Products and Tips
Replies