• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Salsa to Pair with Jerk Chicken Nachos?

In summary, the author recommends using the new Pineapple Salsa on top of the Jerk Chicken Nachos instead of salsa.
stefani2
Anyone have a good recipe to share for Salsa? I was looking for a Show Outline for fresh Salsa to serve with Jerk Chicken Nachos, using the Salad Choppers

This is the one that was in the catalog for a couple seasons - with the Salad Choppers picture. I'm going from memory though...

1 pint grape tomatoes
1 small onion
1 jalapeno pepper
handful of fresh cilantro
1-2 cloves of garlic (I pressed mine into it)
1 lime
salt to taste

quarter the onion & pepper, toss into bowl with cilantro and garlic. Chop with salad choppers until consistency you want. Throw in tomatoes, press in lime juice to taste, and continue chopping until it's the way you want it. Add salt to taste.

It's pretty simple, but people always love it!

I am doing his as a demo tomorrow and just typed up today :)
I think I will press the garlic vs chopping it all in, never thought to do that.

merego said:
I am doing his as a demo tomorrow and just typed up today :)
I think I will press the garlic vs chopping it all in, never thought to do that.

Can you share it Meredith?

Does anyone have one that is more liquid than chunky? I'm a dipper not a scooper type of salsa eater.:blushing:

This is the one that I've done at shows (it's actually Bobby Flay's recipe) and I'm not a "chunky salsa type of girl", but it's really, really good!!!
Salsa
5-6 ripe roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. cumin (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
juice from one medium fresh lime

Combine all ingredients and stir well. Chill and serve

This might just be me... but, I don't recommend salsa with the Jerk Chicken Nachos... I'm thinking if you do any kind of salsa with it you might try the new Pineapple Salsa. It just isn't a regular salsa kind of Nachos... know what I mean? Unless you are making them with the Southwest instead of the Jamaican Jerk.... My husband and I are addicted to these and wouldn't think of putting salsa on them (and I love salsa, but not for these). Just my opinion...

ChefPaulaB said:
This might just be me... but, I don't recommend salsa with the Jerk Chicken Nachos... I'm thinking if you do any kind of salsa with it you might try the new Pineapple Salsa. It just isn't a regular salsa kind of Nachos... know what I mean? Unless you are making them with the Southwest instead of the Jamaican Jerk.... My husband and I are addicted to these and wouldn't think of putting salsa on them (and I love salsa, but not for these). Just my opinion...

I agree - I make them with the Chipotle rub all the time, and never use salsa - although I do make extra seasoned sour cream!:chef:

ChefPaulaB said:

I appreciate your opinion - good point. :)

1. How long does the quick and easy salsa take to make?

The quick and easy salsa typically takes about 10 minutes to make. It's a perfect last-minute appetizer or snack.

2. What ingredients are needed to make the quick and easy salsa?

The ingredients for quick and easy salsa include diced tomatoes, diced onion, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.

3. Can I make the salsa ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the salsa ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to give it a stir before serving.

4. Is this salsa spicy?

The heat level of the salsa can be adjusted to your preference. If you prefer a milder salsa, you can remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno before adding it to the salsa.

5. What can I serve with the quick and easy salsa?

The quick and easy salsa is versatile and can be served with tortilla chips, as a topping for tacos or burrito bowls, or as a dip for vegetables. It's also delicious on top of grilled chicken or fish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • baigaj
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • pamperedmomto3