• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Microwave Cakes Be Made Ahead of Time?

In summary, the cakes taste best hot out of the microwave. The apple crisp cake does well overnight, but the chocolate lava cake does well up to three days.
Zacksmommie
I have not made one yet but I want to take one into work for a taste test.
The problem is that I will have to make this the night before as I am not allowed to do stuff like this when I am working.
My question is : How does the cake taste after it sets all night and do any of the cakes need to be refrigerated. I am planning on trying the Caramel Pumpkin cake. Any ideas?? :confused:

I think these cakes taste best hot out of the microwave. I think when they set they seem to get tough and need reheated. Just my opinion. I'd do a different dessert to take in if it was me. The pineapple upside down cake is good. :)

agreed--I would not serve one the next day.

The only cake I made that didn't have this problem was a Strawberry Cake. I think it was a cream-cheese icing I used...but that cake remained so moist and so good for several days! We all just kept eating on it and loving it ! (and my DH is not a cake person, but he was the worst one of all of us).Can you make the cake before you go to work? Since it only takes under 15 minutes- you could make it while getting ready for work and then take the stone in and flip it when you get there?

Thanks so much for the replies. I had feared that the cake may be tough if it sets overnight.
I may have to get up in time to make it before work or make something else!
But, I have to wonder what good it is to make it in the micro when the left-overs may get tough? ...just me wondering out loud...thanks again for the feedback!:)

One, don't usually have leftovers! LOL! And two, you can reheat and it is fine. :)

How big is your microwave at work? Could you prepare it at home and then just pop it in the microwave when you get there?

I find the apple crisp in the DCB does ok overnight...

The chocolate lava cake does well over night and up to 3 days. That's howw long it lasted wrapped in foil

A trifle is beautiful and yummy the next day....is that feasible?

What is a microwave cake?

A microwave cake is a type of cake that can be made quickly and easily using a microwave instead of an oven. It typically requires minimal ingredients and can be ready to eat in just a few minutes.

Can I use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a microwave cake. However, some mixes may work better than others. It's important to follow the instructions on the cake mix packaging for the best results.

Do I need any special tools or equipment to make a microwave cake?

No, you do not need any special tools or equipment to make a microwave cake. A microwave-safe mug or small baking dish, a mixing bowl, and a spoon are all you need.

How long does it take to make a microwave cake?

The cooking time for a microwave cake can vary depending on the recipe, but most microwave cakes can be ready in 5-10 minutes.

Can I make a microwave cake in advance?

Yes, you can make a microwave cake in advance. However, it is best to consume it within a day or two as it may become dry or lose its texture if left for too long.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • RoseAndrews
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
awjacks1105
Replies