1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Questions on microwave cakes

1. I have not made one yet but I want to take one into work for a taste test.
    The problem is that I will have to make this the night before as I am not allowed to do stuff like this when I am working.
    My question is : How does the cake taste after it sets all night and do any of the cakes need to be refrigerated. I am planning on trying the Caramel Pumpkin cake. Any ideas?? :confused:

Nov 5, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

I think these cakes taste best hot out of the microwave. I think when they set they seem to get tough and need reheated. Just my opinion. I'd do a different dessert to take in if it was me. The pineapple upside down cake is good. :)

Nov 5, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

agreed--I would not serve one the next day.

Nov 5, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

The only cake I made that didn't have this problem was a Strawberry Cake. I think it was a cream-cheese icing I used...but that cake remained so moist and so good for several days! We all just kept eating on it and loving it ! (and my DH is not a cake person, but he was the worst one of all of us).

Can you make the cake before you go to work? Since it only takes under 15 minutes- you could make it while getting ready for work and then take the stone in and flip it when you get there?

Nov 5, 2009
  5. Thanks so much for the replies. I had feared that the cake may be tough if it sets overnight.
    I may have to get up in time to make it before work or make something else!
    But, I have to wonder what good it is to make it in the micro when the left-overs may get tough? ...just me wondering out loud...thanks again for the feedback!:)

Nov 6, 2009
  6. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

One, don't usually have leftovers! LOL! And two, you can reheat and it is fine. :)

Nov 6, 2009
  7. mountainmama74

mountainmama74 Advanced Member Gold Member

How big is your microwave at work? Could you prepare it at home and then just pop it in the microwave when you get there?

I find the apple crisp in the DCB does ok overnight...

8. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

The chocolate lava cake does well over night and up to 3 days. That's howw long it lasted wrapped in foil

9. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

A trifle is beautiful and yummy the next day....is that feasible?

Have something to add?