• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions on microwave cakes

Jun 1, 2008
I have not made one yet but I want to take one into work for a taste test.
The problem is that I will have to make this the night before as I am not allowed to do stuff like this when I am working.
My question is : How does the cake taste after it sets all night and do any of the cakes need to be refrigerated. I am planning on trying the Caramel Pumpkin cake. Any ideas?? :confused:

chefcharity

Advanced Member
Oct 27, 2008
I think these cakes taste best hot out of the microwave. I think when they set they seem to get tough and need reheated. Just my opinion. I'd do a different dessert to take in if it was me. The pineapple upside down cake is good. :)

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
agreed--I would not serve one the next day.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
The only cake I made that didn't have this problem was a Strawberry Cake. I think it was a cream-cheese icing I used...but that cake remained so moist and so good for several days! We all just kept eating on it and loving it ! (and my DH is not a cake person, but he was the worst one of all of us).

Can you make the cake before you go to work? Since it only takes under 15 minutes- you could make it while getting ready for work and then take the stone in and flip it when you get there?

Jun 1, 2008
Thanks so much for the replies. I had feared that the cake may be tough if it sets overnight.
I may have to get up in time to make it before work or make something else!
But, I have to wonder what good it is to make it in the micro when the left-overs may get tough? ...just me wondering out loud...thanks again for the feedback!:)

mountainmama74

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2009
How big is your microwave at work? Could you prepare it at home and then just pop it in the microwave when you get there?

I find the apple crisp in the DCB does ok overnight...