• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I do a HWC fundraiser for my organization in May?

Lady that I would like to talk to about the HWC fundraiser. She herself does an annual event to help raise money for breast cancer awareness and it goes to Susan G. Komen foundation. I wanted to talk to her about doing a fundraiser to help her organization. My question is...Can she do a HWC fundraiser in May and the money go to her organization or does the money go to ACS. I am so confused (doesn't take much:rolleyes:) but I want to make sure that I approach her with the correct info. Am I right that the sell of "pink" products ($1) goes to ACS but the funds from her fundraiser go to her organization? Do I set up her as the host and H
jigsmom
Newbie here with questions!!! I have a lady that I would like to talk to about the HWC fundraiser. She herself does an annual event to help raise money for breast cancer awareness and it goes to Susan G. Komen foundation. I wanted to talk to her about doing a fundraiser to help her organization. My question is...Can she do a HWC fundraiser in May and the money go to her organization or does the money go to ACS. I am so confused (doesn't take much:rolleyes:) but I want to make sure that I approach her with the correct info. Am I right that the sell of "pink" products ($1) goes to ACS but the funds from her fundraiser go to her organization? Do I set up her as the host and HWC in the organization name or her organization? How will they know it is HWC? Don't I have to HWC in the organization for them to know about the $1 and then will the money go to ACS? Oh my :confused:

Please help to any these questions!!

Thanks!!
Angela

A HWC fundraiser only benefits ACS. This includes the max 25% contribution.

She can do a fundraiser for her own organization, but the max will be 15% contribution.

Yes, the $1 contribution for the pink products goes to ACS.

Just a couple of added comments here. If the party is $600 or more then the donation is 15%. If it is under that then the donation amount is 10%.
And, I am saying this because people forget this every year, the Round-Up from the Heart Donations, still only benefit Feeding America. They do NOT transfer to the group. AND even with an HWC fundraiser, they still go to Feeding America.
Either way it is still a benefit to ACS so...

Thanks for answering!! I will talk to her about doing a regular fundraiser and offer part of my commission to cover the difference. It is all going to great organizations...just which one does she want to do it for!!

Thanks again!!
Angela

I like to stress to FR chairpersons that FRs in May are double-dipping. Even if it's for some other group, the ACS still benefits because of the guest specials. So guests are helping 2 organizations at once. That's just awesome!

I am still trying to work this out in my mind on what to say. Would you do this as a "Cooking Show Fundraiser"? I have read this site backwards and forwards and you ALL have wonderful ideas. What are your recommendations for this? The lady does a tremendous amount of fundraising for breast cancer and I want to present it in the best way that will sell her to give it a try. I would like for her to do a regular fundraiser to give money to her organization and in May so the guest sales will go to ACS. What do you recommend? I have looked at the letters in the files and nothing is jumping out at me. I love that you all are so brave and jump in with both feet. Maybe it will come thru the screen and come to me!!:rolleyes:

CC has some great info on the HWC fundraisers and some flyers too, check that out as well.

jigsmom said:
I would like for her to do a regular fundraiser to give money to her organization and in May so the guest sales will go to ACS. What do you recommend?

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to propose that the show will be a regular fundraiser held in May. This means that 10 - 15 % (15% if sales are over 600) will go to her own breast cancer organization. And that $1 of each pink item will go to HWC (ACS breast cancer program). Don't forget to tell her that an additional $3 will go to her charity for each booking. Note these are the amounts that PC donates, and you can add an additional amount if you like.

jigsmom said:
I have looked at the letters in the files and nothing is jumping out at me. I love that you all are so brave and jump in with both feet. Maybe it will come thru the screen and come to me!!:rolleyes:

Instead of a starting with a letter, I suggest giving her a call. Let her know that you are aware of all her hard work in supporting her organization and let her know of what you can do to help her.

Also when you are taking to her, let her know that the entire line is available in a fundraiser show.

Hope that helps!

I have a question relating to the Fundraisers. Can a person donate money if they don't want to purchase any products? If so, how do I do that in P3?

Lapple13 said:
I have a question relating to the Fundraisers. Can a person donate money if they don't want to purchase any products? If so, how do I do that in P3?

Yes, they need to tell you what organization they are donating their host benefits to. Instead of host benefits, HO will calculate 10 or 15% of sales and send a check (made out to the organization) with the products. Your commission goes to 15% (or 17% if you have 15,000 in career sales). To do so, set up the show as a Fundraiser show (instead of a cooking show).

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Yes, they need to tell you what organization they are donating their host benefits to. Instead of host benefits, HO will calculate 10 or 15% of sales and send a check (made out to the organization) with the products. Your commission goes to 15% (or 17% if you have 15,000 in career sales). To do so, set up the show as a Fundraiser show (instead of a cooking show).

I think she meant customers, not the host.

It's not a host, it's a customer of a fundraiser show

Lapple13 said:
It's not a host, it's a customer of a fundraiser show

I hope you get this answered because I would like to know too!!!

And, I wanted to share that she is doing the fundraiser. :sing: I am so happy and nervous at the same time!!:yuck: My first. We are doing mid-May so I have time but I am brainstorming know to make it GREAT!!!!

Thanks for your answers!! Now, just post ideas!!! :D

If customers want to donate without buying products, they should just write a check straight to the organization and give it to the chairperson. HO only handles product purchases. And round-up on a FR still goes to Feeding America (even on HWC shows).

1. What is the Pampered Chef HWC Fundraiser?

The Pampered Chef HWC Fundraiser is a program designed to help organizations and groups raise money for their cause. It involves hosting a cooking show where guests can purchase Pampered Chef products, with a portion of the sales going towards the fundraiser.

2. How do I sign up for the HWC Fundraiser?

To sign up for the HWC Fundraiser, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website. Our team will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary materials and information to make your fundraiser a success.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement for the HWC Fundraiser?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $200 for the HWC Fundraiser. This ensures that the fundraiser is worth your time and effort and allows us to donate a significant amount to your cause.

4. How much money can my organization earn from the HWC Fundraiser?

The amount of money your organization can earn from the HWC Fundraiser depends on the total sales made during the event. Typically, organizations can earn 15-30% of the total sales, which can add up to a significant amount for your cause.

5. Can we customize the products available for sale during the HWC Fundraiser?

Yes, you can customize the products available for sale during the HWC Fundraiser. Our team will work with you to create a personalized list of products that will appeal to your guests and help you reach your fundraising goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kitchendivinity