• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About How to Get Around in Philadelphia

In summary, we are traveling to Philly later in February for our kids sports, but I am hoping we will be able to schedule one day free for ourselves. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from the Norristown area to the Independence Hall area. That is what we wanted to visit (kids request actually!). I was looking at the Septa line, but do not know if it is safe or not. My husband is from the area and he said it is a good bet. However, I am not sure if we should rent a car or take the R5 Regional Rail line from Ambler or Ft. Washington.
esavvymom
Staff member
We are traveling to Philly later in February. It is for our kids sports, but I am hoping we will be able to schedule one day free for ourselves. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from the Norristown area to the Independence Hall area. That is what we wanted to visit (kids request actually!). We have a friend who is from the area or who travels there alot. He seemed to indicate we would be crazy, but I dont know if he was thinking just the Subway (which my hubby mentioned), or what.

i was looking at the Septa line. Does anyone familiar with the area have any input? i am looking for a safe, non-complicated way to get there. And that doesnt break the bank. I would rather a Regional Rail type mode, versus a taxi (they scare me!). We are frequent travelers on the Chicago Metra and enjoy it and feel safe using it. i am hoping Philly is similar.

Help?

I am not from Philly. Been there once a few years ago and really enjoyed the city. From what I can see the Septa line is a good bet. Taxi from Norristown would be really expensive. Otherwise maybe rent a car.

Take the R5 Regional Rail line from Ambler or Ft. Washington (about 5-10 min from Norristown) into Suburban Station. The areas you want to visit will be located close to that station and are walkable. Have fun!

cathyskitchen said:
Take the R5 Regional Rail line from Ambler or Ft. Washington (about 5-10 min from Norristown) into Suburban Station. The areas you want to visit will be located close to that station and are walkable. Have fun!
Thank you! At the rate we are going, there may be 2-3 families going at the same time. "Strength in numbers", right?

Hello there!I'm so excited for your upcoming trip to Philly! It sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned, including visiting Independence Hall at the kids' request. As a frequent traveler myself, I completely understand the importance of finding a safe and non-complicated mode of transportation. I would highly recommend taking the SEPTA Regional Rail. It's a great way to get around the city and is very similar to the Chicago Metra. The Regional Rail is a safe and affordable option, and it will take you directly to the Independence Hall area. Plus, it's a great way to see more of the city during your journey. I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip to Philly and all the delicious food it has to offer. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy travels!

1. What is the best way to get around in Philadelphia?

The most popular and efficient way to get around in Philadelphia is by using the SEPTA public transportation system. This includes buses, subways, trolleys, and regional rail lines that cover the entire city and surrounding areas. You can purchase a day pass or load money onto a SEPTA Key card to easily pay for your rides.

2. Are there any bike-friendly areas in Philadelphia?

Yes, Philadelphia has a bike-sharing program called Indego that allows you to rent bikes from various locations throughout the city. There are also designated bike lanes and trails throughout the city, such as the Schuylkill River Trail, making it easy and safe to get around on two wheels.

3. Is it easy to walk around in Philadelphia?

Philadelphia is a very walkable city, with many attractions and neighborhoods within a short distance of each other. You can easily navigate the city on foot, and there are also plenty of walking tours available to explore the history and culture of Philadelphia.

4. What is the best way to get from the airport to downtown Philadelphia?

The most convenient and cost-effective way to get from the airport to downtown Philadelphia is by taking the SEPTA regional rail line. The Airport Line runs directly from the airport to multiple stops in Center City, and the fare is only $6.75. You can also take a taxi or ride-share service, but these options may be more expensive.

5. Are there any tourist passes or discounts for transportation in Philadelphia?

Yes, the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package includes a one or two-day pass for unlimited rides on all SEPTA modes of transportation, as well as discounts for popular attractions and restaurants in the city. This is a great option for visitors looking to save money on transportation and activities in Philadelphia.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies