• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About a Pampered Chef Fb Account

In summary, FB allows you to have one account per person, and you can create a Page for your business. There are rules about having a second Profile, so you should create a Page instead. You can make your Page as private as you want, and control who has access. You can also schedule posts.
cookn' katie
Ok, I am sure that this is posted on here already, probably in many different places, but want to make sure that I get the correct answers for my questions.
I have a family FB account and I hate to post PC stuff on there... specials, etc.... and don't want all of my customer base to know stuff about my family, life, etc... SO I just created a PC account to post just PC stuff. I changed my name (to something w/o PC in the name) so friends/ family wouldn't be confused. What are the rules from here? I don't want to break the HO rules, but would like to keep personal life personal... and business life business!!

Did you create another Profile (like the one you already had) or did you create a Page? It is against FB rules to have a second Profile. I created a Page for my business, and I invite customers to "like" it: Noora Kragenbrink - Independent Consultant with The Pampered Chef | Facebook.A great resource for what to do with your Page/Profile and how to do it is http://www.jenfongspeaks.com.

How do I do one like yours? I guess I didn't know there was a difference!

You can go to any Page, and on the left side, there's a link that says something along the lines of "Create a page for my company".

Ok, I am getting better. I have a FB account under my name and a page linked to it for just my PC stuff! Can I keep my account or should I link my page to my other friends/family account?

If you've created more than one Profile (an account that you can have friends on), you're in violation of FB's rules. Ideally, you should utilize the original FB account/profile you've had, then create a Page from that account. Just because they are on the same account doesn't mean that your friends will automatically see what you post on the Page (they have to like it first) or that your fans will see what you post on your profile (they have to be your friend first).

But I have page for my photography biz under that account. Should I email FB or HO and see if it is ok?

You can have multiple Pages under your account, they don't intermingle in anyway unless you cross-post, and that has to be deliberate, nothing like that happens automatically. HO doesn't have anything to do with FB's rules about having one account per person.

Quick Question: I am trying to set-up a FB page and what did you all select as your company? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

For "Local Business" the info tab had stuff like hours and directions and parking info, which doesn't really apply to me. You can see the kinds of things I have on the info tab for "Company", and I like that better. In fact, I copied most of it from Becky...

Thanks, Noora. I've used your info as a springboard for some changes to my own Page.

raebates said:
Thanks, Noora. I've used your info as a springboard for some changes to my own Page.

You're welcome, Rae. As I mentioned, I pretty much shamelessly stole from Becky. There are so many out there that are so much better at choosing words than I am, and I'm so glad I'm able to share with all of you.

You can also start a private "Group"...Only those added to your group have access to see - and anyone in the "Group" can add people too! Those in your group do not have to be Friends (so your friends friends can be members too)...which keeps you from having to add all of your clients to your FB page...I just started the group with the first post saying something about the PC rules, and was starting the private group to share with those who want regular updates...Then I reminded everyone to change their notification settings so that they don't get e-mails everytime someone posts. It's a little different from the "page" in that you don't have to set business hours, etc...but allows you to get sales, etc, to people who are interested, and not bombard your friends and family with it!Additionally - you can make it as private as you want, to control who has access.

Hi - I too am using your FB page as a springboard to start my own page. I hope you don't mind a few questions :0)
Do you have your page under products or company?
On your front page, I see your "welcome" and some information - is that a "wall" message?

Appreciate any direction you can assist me in!!

Thanks,

Maria

K9FindM said:
Hi - I too am using your FB page as a springboard to start my own page. I hope you don't mind a few questions :0)
Do you have your page under products or company?
On your front page, I see your "welcome" and some information - is that a "wall" message?

Appreciate any direction you can assist me in!!

Thanks,

Maria

My page is under "Company" so that I could include some of the sections in the info tab, like the mission statement, etc.

The Welcome page is a free FB app I got through Wildfire. It's basically just a picture. I take the FB banners Joy creates and just change that picture every month. I can't get my Page to work right on the computer I'm on right now, but there should be some kind of a link on that Welcome page to direct you to where you can set up your own.

I thought about a page when they announced at conference that year that we could have one on FB but I got seriously confused after going through the tutorial and trying to figure it out on FB. Since then a LOT has changed and it seems so much easier. I still have to figure out a name and need advice-What category do you use? Food/Beverage or Retail/Merchandise?

I am still "totally confused" and "clueless" and trying to work through setting up my page. I went with company as suggested and picked "food & beverage". But not sure if that is right yet. I am still trying to put content in, like a welcome, etc and who I am and what I do. Will work on it again later when my head has cleared a little :0)Maria

ARounds said:
You can also start a private "Group"...Only those added to your group have access to see - and anyone in the "Group" can add people too! Those in your group do not have to be Friends (so your friends friends can be members too)...which keeps you from having to add all of your clients to your FB page...I just started the group with the first post saying something about the PC rules, and was starting the private group to share with those who want regular updates... QUOTE]

I have formed a group for my customers. Is there a way to invite them to join without having to be 'friends' first?

Thanks!
Sandi

darlinclem said:
I thought about a page when they announced at conference that year that we could have one on FB but I got seriously confused after going through the tutorial and trying to figure it out on FB. Since then a LOT has changed and it seems so much easier. I still have to figure out a name and need advice-

What category do you use? Food/Beverage or Retail/Merchandise?

I honestly don't remember what I chose. PC's main FB page says "Kitchen/Cooking".

sandilou said:
I have formed a group for my customers. Is there a way to invite them to join without having to be 'friends' first?

Thanks!
Sandi

You would have to send them an email with a link, suggesting they request to join.

1. What is a Pampered Chef FB account?

A Pampered Chef FB account is a Facebook account that is associated with the company Pampered Chef, which sells kitchen tools, cookware, and other cooking-related products. The account allows users to connect with other Pampered Chef customers and consultants, as well as access special deals and promotions.

2. How do I create a Pampered Chef FB account?

To create a Pampered Chef FB account, you will need to have a regular Facebook account first. Once you have a Facebook account, you can search for "Pampered Chef" on Facebook and click on the official page. From there, you can click on the "Sign Up" button to create your account.

3. Can I use my Pampered Chef FB account to purchase products?

No, a Pampered Chef FB account is primarily for connecting with other customers and consultants and accessing special deals and promotions. To purchase products, you will need to visit the official Pampered Chef website or contact a consultant directly.

4. How can I find a consultant through my Pampered Chef FB account?

You can find a consultant through your Pampered Chef FB account by searching for your desired location or by contacting the company directly. You can also join Facebook groups or participate in events related to Pampered Chef to connect with consultants.

5. Is a Pampered Chef FB account free to use?

Yes, a Pampered Chef FB account is free to use. There are no fees associated with creating or using the account, and you can access all of its features without any additional cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Amyskitchen2