• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question Regarding Dress for Conference

In summary, the latest dress code iteration is that khaki's and polos are now acceptable for men, but no denim. Some guys do not like this change because it makes the conference feel too casual. However, most people seem to be accepting of the new dress code.
ljeffries
Ok, I get concerned about the stupidest things....
HO has changed the dress code about 4 times. The latest incarnation (for guys) is that khaki's and polo shirts are ok, but no denim. I have no problem with the no denim, but don't want to be too casual if everyone dresses up.

So, beat me up for being concerned about this, but give me some advice first!!

I am in wave 1, so say hi!

Lamar

where are you getting the dress code updates?

are you going to the meet and greet on Sunday and Monday??

The dress code updates are on the PC website under the conference section.
"Workshops and tours are business casual events. Women should wear slacks, shkirts, jackets, sweater sets or summer dresses. Men should wear dress pants and dress shirts. Shorts and denim are not appropriate for men or women". Then, there was an e-mail or an update that said that khaki's and polos were ok for men.
I guess my question is, what do guys typically wear to conference?

I am not sure about the meet and greet. My cluster is having dinner on Sunday night.

We are having one on Monday night as well.......

ljeffries said:
The dress code updates are on the PC website under the conference section.
"Workshops and tours are business casual events. Women should wear slacks, shkirts, jackets, sweater sets or summer dresses. Men should wear dress pants and dress shirts. Shorts and denim are not appropriate for men or women". Then, there was an e-mail or an update that said that khaki's and polos were ok for men.
I guess my question is, what do guys typically wear to conference?

I am not sure about the meet and greet. My cluster is having dinner on Sunday night.

You see all kinds of stuff... I have seen guys wear simply dress looking slacks... sometimes they were suits..... but then again this is my second conference!

Lamar, I think that if you wear Khaki's that are neatly pressed and a nice polo or button shirt that you will be just fine.

I've seen men in everything from suits to the khaki's & polos. I would think that the khaki's/nice slacks & a polo would be more comfortable. On a side note, my husband wears khaki's & polos to work on an Air Force Base and they are perfectly acceptable there so why not Conference?

Hope this helps,
Penny

I noticed a few guys last year wearing polo's. I would think thats still fine or just a button down short sleeved shirt, with kahki's or casual pants.(and boat shoes) can't forget the shoes!;)
I wouldn't think a suit & tie would be necessary, if thats what your wondering.

Thanks all! Tell me about the m/g on Monday!

M/G is at 10pm at the IRSH PUP at the Hilton on Monday night it is at the same place on Sunday as well.......are you staying in the Hilton or Sheraton? if you staying in the Sheraton their is a group of us meeting in the lobby both nights and ridding over together!

mommyhugz1978 said:
M/G is at 10pm at the IRSH PUP at the Hilton on Monday night it is at the same place on Sunday as well......
It's at the Irish Pub, not the dog, LOL. :)

Depending on who your Executive Director is, and what the "theme" of your Executive Banquet may be, you might what a coat & tie for the Banquet though.;)

I have heard nothing regarding an Executive Banquet! Oh well, there are lots of places to shop if need be.
We are actually staying at the Hyatt at McCormick Place - got a great deal, so just stayed there.

Irish Pup! Now that's a good one.

chefann said:
It's at the Irish Pub, not the dog, LOL. :)

LOL I was half asleep and battling a mirgraine when I wrote that posting.. what a wonderful day to have a horrible headache

Linda is rightYou will see the guys in everything from polo's to button downs. No jeans but yes, you may wish to bring nice slacks and a dress shirt for the Executive Banquet. Even I, who NEVER HAS TO WEAR a button down at work, does this much too. I do not do the suit and tie thing because of the expense and no one seems to mind especially my Executive director. So...

pampered1224 said:
............ I do not do the suit and tie thing because of the expense and no one seems to mind especially my Executive director. So...
Not to mention that it is JULY!!!!! And hotter than Hades outside! (well at least it is like that here in the south, I'm not sure about Chicago....but I have heard that there are only two seasons in Chicago: Winter and July!)

Not only is it hot and humid here, but then often the workship rooms are FREEZING! So be prepared for all temps.

Ah, gotta love Chicago...

I think i have decided that I do not want to lug around my jacket from VIP and I will just make my sweater which is black match everything that I brought.!!!

DebbieJ said:
Not only is it hot and humid here, but then often the workship rooms are FREEZING! So be prepared for all temps.

Ah, gotta love Chicago...

This is exactly the reason I picked up a wrap from my Weekenders Lady. White, soft, goes with everything, and I fold it up and put it away when I am too hot (only time that happens is when I flash out!). Plus, I feel all fancy with it!

Carol--I've never tried any Weekenders stuff. Do you love it?

"Weekenders stuff" ? do tell please

Weekenders is another DS company. I haven't seen much in person.

THANKS! I'll check them out

1. What is the dress code for the conference?

The dress code for the conference is business casual. This means that you can wear slacks, dresses, skirts, or dressy jeans with a blouse or collared shirt. We recommend avoiding casual wear such as t-shirts, shorts, and athletic wear.

2. Are there any specific guidelines for shoes?

There are no specific guidelines for shoes, but we recommend wearing comfortable and professional shoes. You will be on your feet for most of the day, so it's important to wear shoes that you can easily walk and stand in.

3. Can I wear branded clothing or accessories?

We ask that you refrain from wearing any branded clothing or accessories, as this is a professional conference and we want to avoid any distractions or conflicts of interest. It's best to keep your attire neutral and representative of the business casual dress code.

4. Is there a specific color scheme for the conference?

There is no specific color scheme for the conference, but we recommend sticking to neutral and professional colors such as black, navy, gray, and white. You can also add a pop of color with accessories or a statement piece, but we ask that you avoid loud or flashy colors.

5. Are there any events or activities that require a specific dress code?

There are no events or activities that require a specific dress code, but we recommend dressing comfortably and appropriately for any activities or workshops you plan on attending. If there are any specific dress requirements, they will be communicated to you prior to the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Michael Serrano
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Michael Serrano
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • kcmckay