• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bread Tubes: Tips for Optimal Use and Storage

In summary, the conversation is discussing the use of bread tubes for baking bread. The instructions recommend standing the tubes up, but the oven at the store is too small for this method. Laying the tubes on their sides is suggested as an alternative, but it may result in a misshapen loaf if the dough doesn't fill the tube completely. The conversation also mentions using oil to prevent sticking and asks for feedback from others who have tried different methods of using the bread tubes.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I used them tonight for the first time, and they are awesome! I was wondering if it makes a difference if you stand them up or leave them on their side? The instructions say to stand them up, but the oven at the store is too small to have them that way. Any thoughts?

I've never tried laying them on their side - I always thought you did that so the bread would "rise" properly while baking. I guess it really can't hurt to try it - let us know if you do!

The only problem with laying them down is if the dough doesn't fill up the tube. You won't have the correct shape.

I must have missed something, because I have always layed them on their sides. They turn out great for me, but that is with yeast breads. I inherited them from a gal who didn't know what to do with them and there wasn't use&care instructions. Hmmm. I never thought once of putting them up on their ends. Don't they fall over? Wait, are we talking about the bread crocks or the metal flower/heart/star shaped tubes? I assumed the metal tubes.

The metal tubes. According to the instructions, they're supposed to stand up on their ends, with the end with the steam hole on top.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I must have missed something, because I have always layed them on their sides. They turn out great for me, but that is with yeast breads. I inherited them from a gal who didn't know what to do with them and there wasn't use&care instructions. Hmmm. I never thought once of putting them up on their ends. Don't they fall over? Wait, are we talking about the bread crocks or the metal flower/heart/star shaped tubes? I assumed the metal tubes.

Good to know - if anyone else has tried it on their sides with just the Pillsbury french bread dough, let us know!

never used the bread tubes, have a bunch of them (Goodwill Store 50cents, NEW in box) so I am curious.... how do you get the bread out of the tube without messing it up? and what keeps it from sticking to the tube?

thanks

Just use lots of oil. Spray them down with the spritzer.

1. What are bread tubes used for?

Bread tubes are used for making decorative and filled breads such as stuffed rolls, filled breadsticks, and braided loaves. They can also be used for shaping bread dough into different designs and patterns.

2. How do I use a bread tube?

To use a bread tube, first grease the inside of the tube with cooking spray or oil. Then, fill the tube with your desired bread dough or filling. Bake according to the recipe's instructions, and carefully remove the bread from the tube once it is done baking.

3. What types of bread dough can I use with a bread tube?

Most types of bread dough can be used with a bread tube, as long as it is soft and pliable enough to fit into the tube. Some common bread doughs used with bread tubes include pizza dough, bread dough, and pastry dough.

4. Can I use a bread tube in the oven?

Yes, bread tubes are designed to be used in the oven. They are heat-resistant and can withstand high temperatures without warping or melting.

5. How do I clean a bread tube?

To clean a bread tube, first allow it to cool completely. Then, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to clean the inside and outside of the tube. Rinse thoroughly and dry before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • andrealynne719