• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on "Online Yard Sale" Sales

In summary, the consultant policy states that you may not sell any Pampered Chef products- current or discontinued- through online auction houses (like eBay). It's unclear how the company found out it was the author of the ads, but it's not clear why this is an issue. The author is still new to this, and will need to learn how to sell on this website in a different manner.
jayswife07
Gold Member
I have a quick question that I am not sure how to put. I have my company listed on a "yard sale" website. I know now that I wasn't supposed to, but it was 3 months old and I am still fairly new to this. I was contacted by HO and I took the ad off immediately. I had forgotten that is was there so I was a little embarrased. I got am email the next day saying that I could not sell and PC products on that site either. This had me comfused. I'm part of a yahoo group of consultants that buys and sells stuff, and this group does, but I can't sell a retired cookie press or SA plate on a different site. It has me a little confused. I also wonder how they knew it was me, since most of the stuff is fairly anonomous. It is just a local "yardsale" site similar to craigslist. It wasn't like I was advertising or anything. I took the things I had listed down. Any idea why I couldn't list a dish I got as a host special two years ago that I never used, or any other PC items I don't use anymore? It was 4 items. I'm kinda embarrased getting called out by HO, when I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. (sorry so wordy)

Last edited:
It's in the consultant policies and procedures that you won't sell PC through avenues such as this. Even though you're only selling used older items, it's different b/c you are a consultant.

This is what the policy states on page 38 "You may not sell any Pampered Chef® products — current or discontinued — through online auction houses (like eBay.
com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered Chef® Personal Web Site."

If you weren't a consultant it wouldn't be an issue. I know it's embarassing, but it's happened to more of us than you know- esp. with the linking to the PWS thing. You just live and learn :)

Thanks ladies. I never thought about that when posting them. I use that site for tons of stuff I'm selling and never really thought twice about it. Guess I will have to stick with listing stuff here, if I ever get around to it.

I am curious though how we can sell on this site? Isn't it the same thing?

Current items aren't allowed to be listed here, and since most members here are consultants, it's not really the same as a general "buy my stuff" on the internet.

What is an "Online Yard Sale"?

An "Online Yard Sale" is a virtual version of a traditional yard sale where individuals can sell their unwanted items to others through the internet. It is usually hosted on social media platforms or online marketplace websites.

How do I participate in an "Online Yard Sale"?

To participate in an "Online Yard Sale", you can either join a group on a social media platform or browse through online marketplace websites. Once you find an item you are interested in, you can contact the seller to arrange the purchase and pick-up or delivery.

What items can I sell in an "Online Yard Sale"?

You can sell a variety of items in an "Online Yard Sale", including clothes, household items, furniture, electronics, and more. However, it is important to check the rules and regulations of the specific group or website to ensure that your items are allowed to be sold.

Are there any fees associated with selling items in an "Online Yard Sale"?

It depends on the platform you are using. Some social media groups may not charge any fees, while online marketplace websites may have listing fees or take a percentage of the sale as a commission. Make sure to read the terms and conditions before listing your items.

What are some tips for successful sales in an "Online Yard Sale"?

Some tips for successful sales in an "Online Yard Sale" include posting clear and detailed photos of your items, providing accurate descriptions, setting reasonable prices, and being responsive to potential buyers. It is also important to follow the rules and guidelines of the platform and be respectful to other members of the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marocmama
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • confusedturtle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rbvernon
  • gilchrist_pchef