• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on Calling Someone After Mailing

In summary, it is recommended to wait 3-5 business days before following up with a call after mailing. It is also advised to leave a voicemail if there is no answer and to call during business hours, though after hours may be more effective for busy individuals. When calling after mailing, introduce yourself and mention the purpose of your mail, and be polite and professional. If there is no response, it is appropriate to try calling one more time before considering alternative methods of communication.
kaseydee
Gold Member
I have started mailing a packet to all mothers of the brides to be listed in our paper. I do not know any of these people just found the info in our engagement listings. I look up their address in the phone book or if not there goggle them. My question is would you call them about a week or so after mailing? I don't want people to take offense to me contacting them without knowing them or their request.

I would not call them. They did not give you their phone number. You would be soliciting, which PC frowns upon.

Thank you b/c I felt the same way. I would not be comfortable calling them. Just needed someone to back me up!

See I would call to amke a follow up and see if your package was received. I think it would be the professional thing to do....just don't be pushy!

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I can understand your hesitation in reaching out to these mothers of the brides to be. My suggestion would be to wait a week or so after mailing the packet and then follow up with a friendly phone call. You can introduce yourself and explain that you are a Pampered Chef consultant who noticed their daughter's engagement announcement in the paper and wanted to offer your services for their upcoming wedding. This way, they will understand the reason for your call and hopefully not take offense. Remember to always be polite and respectful, and let them know that you are available to answer any questions they may have. Good luck with your outreach efforts!

1. How long should I wait before calling someone after mailing?

It is generally recommended to wait about 3-5 business days before following up with a call after mailing. This allows the recipient enough time to receive and review the mail.

2. Should I leave a voicemail if there is no answer?

Yes, it is always a good idea to leave a brief voicemail if the recipient does not answer your call. This will serve as a reminder for them to check their mail and follow up with you.

3. Is it better to call during business hours or after hours?

It is usually best to call during business hours, as people are more likely to be available and focused on work-related matters. However, if you know the person has a busy schedule, calling after hours may be more effective.

4. What should I say when calling after mailing?

When calling after mailing, you can introduce yourself, mention the purpose of your mail, and ask if they have received it and if they have any questions or concerns. Be polite and professional in your tone.

5. How many times should I try calling if I don't get a response?

If you do not get a response after the first call, it is appropriate to try calling one more time. If you still do not receive a response, it may be best to send another mail or try reaching out through a different method of communication.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • finley1991
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • NooraK