1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Question-Need help!

1. salthechef

salthechef Member

I had a couple of customers ask where the money for the HWC products goes-research or treatment. I can't find anything that specifically says on the website. Anybody have some info on that? I think I might be able to get a show from one of them if I can get the info!
    Thanks in advance!

Apr 11, 2009
  2. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

My guess would be research... But, wow.... Someone was thinking really hard about that.

Apr 11, 2009
  3. salthechef

salthechef Member

Yeah, they said they have learned the hard way to check on that....not sure what happened, but they are cautious about what they get involved in now!

Apr 11, 2009
  4. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

It says it goes to breast cancer awareness & prevention - so I would say research. I wonder what in the world soured her?

Apr 11, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

CC is down, so I can't check for sure...but on Monday or whenever it's back up, I believe there is an article under the Charitable Giving category that explains the HWC program and what all it has done. Or maybe I read that in the CN? Not the recent one, I think it was a couple months ago? I'd have to sift through to see.

Apr 11, 2009
  6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

It goes to education/awareness and early detection programs, not research. There's info on CC about that, but CC is down this weekend.

That's one thing that the charitable giving rep from HO was asking last year at conference - if we thought we'd have better results from HWC month if the money went to research instead of just awareness and early detection programs.

Apr 11, 2009
  7. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

Apr 11, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I really would like to know too. This came up at our last cluster meeting and someone said that ACS just gives it to the Susan G. Fund... I didn't like hearing that. I doubt it, but would love to know for sure.

9. SUZIEQCONSULTANT

SUZIEQCONSULTANT Member Gold Member

In the past it has gone for breast cancer awareness and education.

10. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Why would the ACS give it to SBK? I don't understand that. ACS uses the money itself for awareness/education and early detection programs.

Apr 11, 2009
  11. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

The consultant was sure she read that ACS was the organization that gave money to SGK and didn't acually use/manage the money. Glad to hear that that isn't the case.

12. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I don't know, but is it possible that it's the other way around?

Apr 11, 2009
  13. SusanBP0129

SusanBP0129 Veteran Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
    Apr 11, 2009
Have something to add?