• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Does HWC Money Go? Research or Treatment?

In summary, the money from the HWC products goes to research and awareness programs. There is information about this on the American Cancer Society website.
salthechef
I had a couple of customers ask where the money for the HWC products goes-research or treatment. I can't find anything that specifically says on the website. Anybody have some info on that? I think I might be able to get a show from one of them if I can get the info!
Thanks in advance!

My guess would be research... But, wow.... Someone was thinking really hard about that.

Yeah, they said they have learned the hard way to check on that....not sure what happened, but they are cautious about what they get involved in now!

It says it goes to breast cancer awareness & prevention - so I would say research. I wonder what in the world soured her?

CC is down, so I can't check for sure...but on Monday or whenever it's back up, I believe there is an article under the Charitable Giving category that explains the HWC program and what all it has done. Or maybe I read that in the CN? Not the recent one, I think it was a couple months ago? I'd have to sift through to see.

It goes to education/awareness and early detection programs, not research. There's info on CC about that, but CC is down this weekend. That's one thing that the charitable giving rep from HO was asking last year at conference - if we thought we'd have better results from HWC month if the money went to research instead of just awareness and early detection programs.

I really would like to know too. This came up at our last cluster meeting and someone said that ACS just gives it to the Susan G. Fund... I didn't like hearing that. I doubt it, but would love to know for sure.

In the past it has gone for breast cancer awareness and education.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I really would like to know too. This came up at our last cluster meeting and someone said that ACS just gives it to the Susan G. Fund... I didn't like hearing that. I doubt it, but would love to know for sure.
Why would the ACS give it to SBK? I don't understand that. ACS uses the money itself for awareness/education and early detection programs.

chefann said:
Why would the ACS give it to SBK? I don't understand that. ACS uses the money itself for awareness/education and early detection programs.

The consultant was sure she read that ACS was the organization that gave money to SGK and didn't acually use/manage the money. Glad to hear that that isn't the case.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
The consultant was sure she read that ACS was the organization that gave money to SGK and didn't acually use/manage the money. Glad to hear that that isn't the case.

I don't know, but is it possible that it's the other way around?

1. Where exactly does the money from HWC go?

The money from HWC (Help Whip Cancer) goes towards supporting breast cancer research and treatment efforts. This includes funding research studies, providing resources for early detection and prevention, and supporting organizations that provide treatment and support services for those affected by breast cancer.

2. How much of the money goes towards research?

A portion of the HWC funds goes towards breast cancer research. Our company partners with organizations such as the Breast Cancer Research Foundation to ensure that a significant portion of the funds go towards finding a cure for breast cancer.

3. Are there any specific organizations or programs that the money goes towards?

Yes, the funds from HWC are distributed to various organizations and programs that focus on breast cancer research and treatment. Some examples include the American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen Foundation, and local breast cancer treatment centers.

4. How is the amount of money raised each year determined?

The amount of money raised each year for HWC is determined by the sales of designated products during the campaign period. For every designated product sold, a portion of the proceeds is donated towards breast cancer research and treatment.

5. Can I make a direct donation to HWC?

Unfortunately, we do not accept direct donations for HWC. The only way to contribute to the campaign is by purchasing designated products during the campaign period. However, we encourage you to support other organizations and programs that focus on breast cancer research and treatment, as every contribution helps in the fight against breast cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • redsoxgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies