• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question for Those With Multiple Recruits in a Month

In summary, In order to increase recruitment, I start my show with an introduction and ask each guest to complete the sentence "if I had an extra $500 a month I would....." This has resulted in more recruitment leads. I also give out a prize for the ticket game.
NooraK
Gold Member
Where do your recruits come from? Do the majority of them come from shows? If so, how many shows are you doing per month? What's your average attendance? Do you have anything in particular you feel contributes most to the number of recruits (such as an activity at the show, doing interviews etc.)?

Ok, so that was more than one question, but I am curious!

I recruited an average of 2 a month last year. They come from playing the ticket game at my shows AND following up. I do an average of 8 shows a month, show average 880. I play the ticket game at every show no matter how many people are there, no matter how many times they have seen it. I ask ask ask and ask again. No matter how many times I have asked them in the past. I have so many who join my team and laugh that I asked them multiple times.

PCJenni said:
I recruited an average of 2 a month last year. They come from playing the ticket game at my shows AND following up. I do an average of 8 shows a month, show average 880. I play the ticket game at every show no matter how many people are there, no matter how many times they have seen it. I ask ask ask and ask again. No matter how many times I have asked them in the past. I have so many who join my team and laugh that I asked them multiple times.

Do you give out a prize for the ticket game? If so, what do you like to give? Also, do you just do the game for x number of minutes, or do just so many tickets, or what?
Thanks!:)

Although I have not officially recruited anyone yet (and I mean 'yet' because my very first recruit isn't showing up on my grid yet) I have noticed more interest since I now start my show with the introduction and ask each guest to complete the sentence... "if I had an extra $500 a month I would......." After everyone is finished with introductions I tell them I realize most people don't attend a cooking show and leave with a job, but everyone here made it known that an $500 would be something they'd like! I can help you and I'll tell you more during the demonstration and with my full service checkout." Two shows later, I have 6 recruit leads. I have Director Express next week, so I hope to feel more comfortable with recruiting!

PCJenni said:
I have so many who join my team and laugh that I asked them multiple times.
I think this is the KEY. I have been seriously recruiting for almost 2 years, but this year I have been signing almost double. Most of them are people I interviewed with last year!

Brenda.the.chef said:
Although I have not officially recruited anyone yet (and I mean 'yet' because my very first recruit isn't showing up on my grid yet) I have noticed more interest since I now start my show with the introduction and ask each guest to complete the sentence... "if I had an extra $500 a month I would......."

After everyone is finished with introductions I tell them I realize most people don't attend a cooking show and leave with a job, but everyone here made it known that an $500 would be something they'd like! I can help you and I'll tell you more during the demonstration and with my full service checkout." Two shows later, I have 6 recruit leads. I have Director Express next week, so I hope to feel more comfortable with recruiting!

LOVE your intro!! Think I may need to try it, too!! Thanks for sharing!!:sing:

Paula R. Lewis said:
LOVE your intro!! Think I may need to try it, too!! Thanks for sharing!!:sing:

I stole it from a Spring Launch video that was posted on CS! It was an awesome video. I'll try to attach it here:

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/8243c40afa20ee306775f881b3e902f0/video/63115241

I have been doing the ticket game. I have done it for a while, but have struggled with feeling comfortable with it and not feeling forced. I have recently changed it up a bit and feel better about it and have had better results. I start it after the demo. When they are eating their food and we go to sit and I talk to them. I joke all throughout my show that if they don't talk and get involved that I will be nervous and ramble on and on and on, so they need to talk to shut me up....
I tell them they get 1 ticket for asking a question about a product or hosting a show, they get two for being nosey and asking a question about me or my business, and there is one magic question that will earn them 5 tickets (how do I get started?). Some shows it goes better than others. I have found that if I force the recruiting side (when it isn't coming naturally, or the group isn't receptive) that it really does hurt my bookings, so I just get the information out there and leave it up to them if we take it any further (if that makes sense). I start the game, and then I do the booking slide, talk about different product lines (unes we may not have used), talk about the opportunity.... I give out tickets throughout the whole thing. Sometimes I give out a bunch, other times not as much. I don't know the new catalog very well, so whenever someone asks where something is I give them a question and then say if you can find it and tell us the page, i'll give you a ticket.... it gets people involved. I give out a twixit clip or two, or maybe a season's best, whatever I happen to have. don't make it something amazing, but they still want it. I do make a huge deal about the drawing and if they are totally into it, I may draw again... just depends on the group.
There may not be a new team member at every show, but that's ok, b/c we still need customers and bookings. I started 2011 with no team members. I now have 3 and have another 1 possibly 2 signing today. I feel like it has been successful for me.

The majority of my recruits come from shows & out and about contacts.

I tend to do 4-6 shows a month and my average attendance is 6-10 guests.

I do not do any games, but rather interact with the guests. I listen to their conversation and join in. If I hear a recruiting red flag, I make a comment specific to the comment.

What I think makes a difference is Full Service Check Out AND Follow Up. I ask everyone to consider the opportunity and address any questions or hesitations they may bring up. If after the official interview, they are undecided or not ready, I add them to my recruiting rolling list. I tell them that I'll keep them in mind and updated in the specials with a random check in from time to time. Some have taken 8 months before they were ready, so I never write any of them off. :)

1. How do you manage multiple recruits in a month?

Managing multiple recruits in a month can be challenging, but it is important to stay organized and prioritize tasks. Create a schedule or checklist to keep track of important dates and appointments, and delegate tasks to other team members if necessary.

2. How do you ensure each recruit receives individual attention?

To ensure each recruit receives individual attention, make sure to schedule one-on-one meetings with each of them. This will allow you to get to know them on a personal level and address any concerns or questions they may have. It is also important to communicate regularly through emails, phone calls, or virtual meetings.

3. How do you handle conflicts between recruits?

Conflicts between recruits are bound to happen, especially when there are multiple recruits in a month. It is important to address these conflicts calmly and professionally. Encourage open communication and mediate any issues that arise. It is also helpful to have clear guidelines and expectations in place to prevent conflicts from occurring.

4. How do you keep track of each recruit's progress?

Keeping track of each recruit's progress is important for their success. Utilize a tracking system or spreadsheet to monitor their progress, such as their training, performance, and goals. Regular check-ins and evaluations can also help track progress and identify areas for improvement.

5. How do you prevent burnout when managing multiple recruits?

Managing multiple recruits can be mentally and physically draining, so it is important to prioritize self-care. Take breaks when needed, delegate tasks to other team members, and make sure to have a support system in place. It is also important to set realistic expectations and communicate openly with your recruits about your workload and availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefheidi2003