1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Question for RAEBATES???????

1. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

In another thread, you mentioned that you offer a saute pan for $1000 shows, and a 5 pc. exec. cookset for $1500 shows. You said you've only ever given away 1 set. I like the idea, I am trying to build back up after not planning to start the new year better. I have offered the saute pan to the 3 hosts I have this month. I didn't offer the cookset, that one scares me a little. What I was wondering is...............Do you have higher shows because your hosts are working towards those goals?

2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Obviously I'm not Rae, but I wanted to say, I think hosts who are motivated and realize that they need to work towards a goal do have higher sales. Having them make a wish list and knowing what is on it is a key to good host coaching.

Also, this post will bump this up to the top so Rae sees it later...

3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

My show average definitely increased once I started offering these incentives. Of course, there are those who like to reach for the carrot, and there are those who just like to do whatever they're used to doing. (For many of my hosts that means inviting few people and collecting few or no outside orders.)

Apr 9, 2009
  4. niclowther

niclowther Member Gold Member

I love that idea Rae! I'm going to try it out.

Apr 9, 2009
  5. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

Thank you, I am hoping it helps my shows this month!

6. RossDeb2

RossDeb2 Member Gold Member

What does that end up costing you for the 5 pc set? Do you lose on the offer? That sounds like a great "carrot" but I really need to watch the money. Please explain how you work this. Thanks.

Apr 26, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

The cost will depend on your commission level. Plus, I don't know the prices in Canada. Here's how it works out in the US.

I add the cookware to the host's order, so it's reduced by 30%. That makes it $199.50 plus tax. Of course, if the host isn't using all 4 half-price items, it would only be $142.50. The base commission for a new consultant is 20%. On a $1,500 show that would be $300, which means I would still be making money.

Apr 27, 2009
  8. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I think I should start giving incentives, as well. I'm thinking the saute pan for $1000, and the DCB for $1500. I need to watch my expenses as well, but this is certainly doable for me!

Apr 27, 2009
  9. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Advanced Member Gold Member

Rae, do you have something you give to your hosts to tell them about the "carrot"? I would love to see it!

Apr 27, 2009
Have something to add?