1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question for Chicago Natives

1. nicki25

nicki25 Advanced Member Silver Member

I will be visiting Chicago this weekend. We are heading there on Friday and want to go the the Navy Pier first thing. Can you tell me where there is a good place to park by the pier??? Thanks!

Aug 5, 2009
  2. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

Are you looking for proximity or value? There is actually parking right at/on the pier that is super convenient.

Aug 5, 2009
  3. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

Aug 5, 2009
  4. nicki25

nicki25 Advanced Member Silver Member

Thanks ladies. I know that Lollapoloza is going on but this is the only weekend we could go. We are actually going for American girl store and will be staying downtown 1 night and during the day on Sat. then we are headed out of town, toward IKEA and will stay the 2nd night were ever we can find a room.
    I will try to stay away from Grant park the whole weekend!!!

Aug 5, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

If you are already staying downtown, why not just take a cab to Navy Pier and around town instead of trying to drive? if you aren't familiar with the town, I certainly wouldn't. Have a stress-FREE weekend for as short as it will be. It might add some expense, for cab fare, but do some online research to look at maps- grab maps at your hotel, etc. Some places you may be able to walk too, depending on where you are staying.

Travel to Chicago Illinois - Traveler Directory, Convention Guide to Hotels, Restaurants, Dining, Nightlife, Sightseeing Attractions, Events, Tourism

Aug 5, 2009
  6. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I would park at your hotel and leave your car there while you are in Chicago. It is very easy to get around the city via public transportation, cabs, and your own two feet!

Parking at the pier is VERY expensive.

Aug 5, 2009
  7. jwpamp

jwpamp Veteran Member

Good luck! There are never any hotel rooms available during that weekend. Lollapoloza-ites will stay where ever they can!

My kids take the train up and back (live in NW Indiana). It's crazy up there!

Aug 5, 2009
Have something to add?