• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where's the Best Place to Park Near Navy Pier in Chicago?

In summary, the author will be visiting Chicago this weekend and is looking for a place to park by the Navy Pier. The author recommends parking at the pier, as it is easy to get around the city and there is no parking available near Grant Park.
nicki25
Silver Member
I will be visiting Chicago this weekend. We are heading there on Friday and want to go the the Navy Pier first thing. Can you tell me where there is a good place to park by the pier??? Thanks!

Are you looking for proximity or value? There is actually parking right at/on the pier that is super convenient.

I would park at the pier. It's easy in and easy out. Check out the link:
http://www.navypier.com/visit_us/parking.html

Are you going this week? Just an FYI, Lollapoloza is on Fri-Sat-Sun....expect HUGE traffic near Grant Park area!

Thanks ladies. I know that Lollapoloza is going on but this is the only weekend we could go. We are actually going for American girl store and will be staying downtown 1 night and during the day on Sat. then we are headed out of town, toward IKEA and will stay the 2nd night were ever we can find a room.
I will try to stay away from Grant park the whole weekend!!!

If you are already staying downtown, why not just take a cab to Navy Pier and around town instead of trying to drive? if you aren't familiar with the town, I certainly wouldn't. Have a stress-FREE weekend for as short as it will be. It might add some expense, for cab fare, but do some online research to look at maps- grab maps at your hotel, etc. Some places you may be able to walk too, depending on where you are staying.Travel to Chicago Illinois - Traveler Directory, Convention Guide to Hotels, Restaurants, Dining, Nightlife, Sightseeing Attractions, Events, Tourism

I would park at your hotel and leave your car there while you are in Chicago. It is very easy to get around the city via public transportation, cabs, and your own two feet! Parking at the pier is VERY expensive.

nicki25 said:
and will stay the 2nd night were ever we can find a room.
I will try to stay away from Grant park the whole weekend!!!

Good luck! There are never any hotel rooms available during that weekend. Lollapoloza-ites will stay where ever they can!

My kids take the train up and back (live in NW Indiana). It's crazy up there!

What are some must-try food spots in Chicago?

Some popular food spots in Chicago include deep dish pizza at Lou Malnati's, Italian beef sandwiches at Portillo's, and Chicago-style hot dogs at Gene & Jude's. For a unique experience, try the famous rotating bar at The Signature Room on the 95th floor of the John Hancock Center.

What is the best way to get around in Chicago?

The most convenient and efficient way to get around Chicago is by using public transportation such as the CTA trains and buses. You can also easily hail a taxi or use ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft. Walking and biking are also great options for getting around certain areas of the city.

What are some popular attractions in Chicago?

Some popular attractions in Chicago include the Willis Tower (formerly known as the Sears Tower), Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and the Art Institute of Chicago. The city also has a vibrant theater scene, with shows at the famous Second City comedy club and Broadway in Chicago productions.

What is the weather like in Chicago?

Chicago experiences all four seasons, with hot and humid summers and cold and snowy winters. Spring and fall tend to be mild and pleasant. It's always a good idea to check the weather forecast before your trip and pack accordingly.

What are some fun activities to do in Chicago?

There are endless fun activities to do in Chicago, from visiting popular tourist attractions to trying out unique experiences. Some ideas include taking a riverboat architecture tour, attending a sports game at Wrigley Field or Guaranteed Rate Field, or checking out the city's many festivals and events throughout the year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefShalon
Replies
Views
agw
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates