• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question: Chicken in the Microwave

In summary, it is possible to cook chicken in the microwave, but it is important to follow proper food safety guidelines. The best way to cook chicken in the microwave is to use a microwave-safe dish, cover it, and flip the chicken halfway through cooking. The cooking time can vary, but on average it takes 5-8 minutes per pound of chicken. It is safe to add seasoning or marinade to the chicken before cooking, and it is also safe to defrost chicken in the microwave, as long as the defrost setting is used and the chicken is rotated frequently. It is recommended to cook the chicken immediately after defrosting to prevent bacterial growth.
Kate0831
Gold Member
Hi everyone, I'm a new consultant (just started in August), and I'm having a blast learning as much as I can about the products and finding fun recipes to try in them.

So far, I'm absolutely loving my DCB. The possibilities truly are endless (rocky road brownies are out of this world), and the pan seared chicken breasts with creamy lemon sauce from the September newsletter looks delicious. However, the thought of cooking chicken in the microwave kind of grosses me out.

Have you all cooked chicken this way before? Does it come out juicy and tender, or is it rubbery? What about the DCB makes the chicken come out well? If it tastes good, this could be a great story/angle for selling the DCB, but I was just curious about other peoples experiences. I think I'm going to try to make it today, but would love any tips or insight you all have to share!

Comes out juicy and tender. The lid helps to self baste the chicken so that it doesn't dry out. Plus the stoneware helps to cook the chicken vs "microwaving" it if you put it in another pan.

The stoneware is real magic! Definitely try the Ultimate Chicken fajitas. It's a real converter to using the microwave for chicken.

I've done chicken breasts and a whole chicken, and the chicken is always delicious!!

Definately try it, chicken is amazing in the microwave. I love doing the 30 minute chicken in the baker.

1. Can you really cook chicken in the microwave?

Yes, it is possible to cook chicken in the microwave. However, it is important to follow proper food safety guidelines to ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly and to avoid any potential health risks.

2. What is the best way to cook chicken in the microwave?

The best way to cook chicken in the microwave is to use a microwave-safe dish and cover it with a lid or plastic wrap. It is also important to flip the chicken halfway through cooking and to use a food thermometer to check for an internal temperature of at least 165°F.

3. How long does it take to cook chicken in the microwave?

The cooking time for chicken in the microwave can vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. On average, it can take 5-8 minutes per pound of chicken, with a minimum of 2-3 minutes per piece.

4. Can I add seasoning or marinade to the chicken before cooking it in the microwave?

Yes, you can add seasoning or marinade to the chicken before cooking it in the microwave. Just be sure to use microwave-safe containers and cover the chicken to prevent any splatters.

5. Is it safe to defrost chicken in the microwave?

Yes, it is safe to defrost chicken in the microwave. However, it is important to use the defrost setting and rotate the chicken frequently to ensure it thaws evenly. It is also recommended to cook the chicken immediately after defrosting to prevent any bacterial growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • accooks13