• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Show Demos: Tips for Success

In summary, the conversation includes advice on how to let loose and be more relaxed during a demo show. Some suggestions include using notecards or outlines, incorporating one-liners and jokes to break the ice, and playing games to stay on track. It's also important to mention host benefits multiple times during the show and to have fun with it.
Hi,

I really need advise for when I demoing a show. I could practice until my heart's content and at the show lose track and feel like I failed terribly. I feel I need to let go and have the attitude what happens, happens. But I want to sound professioanl and make sure everyone is having a good time. Does anyone have advise on how to let loose and maybe be a little silly and funny to break the ice? I only average 0-2 shows and wants to make that a consistent 2-4.

Thanks!

For me, the biggest thing has been to stop worrying if I forget to talk about stuff. And I forget something at every show, so far! LOL. But I just don't sweat it. I decided it is far more important for me to be having fun and enjoying myself with the guests than it is to say every single thing on my outline. I even forget to add recipe ingredients! But so far, it hasn't been an issue.

Loosen up. Let yourself enjoy the party. It'll show and more folks will want to book with you!

Love,
Rachel

Do you...
Hi,

I really need advise for when I demoing a show. I could practice until my heart's content and at the show lose track and feel like I failed terribly. I feel I need to let go and have the attitude what happens, happens. But I want to sound professioanl and make sure everyone is having a good time. Does anyone have advise on how to let loose and maybe be a little silly and funny to break the ice? I only average 0-2 shows and wants to make that a consistent 2-4.

Thanks!

Use notecards or outlines to keep you on track? I have found that even after 250+ shows, I still have shows where I have no idea where I am at in the recipe! So my outline comes in very handy! I am able to say something like..."that second baby took all my brain, so let me check my notes to see where we are." :rolleyes: That leads into..."I have 3 children..2 I gave birth to and 1 I married." :D And of course everyone's favorite..."See what my apron says...Pampered Chef...not Perfect chef...they let anyone do this!" "I will be holding auditions when I take orders, if you can open a pillsbury can...you can do what I do." :p These one liners are my customers favorites...they laugh and laugh at simple lines like these! I am sure everyone has their favorite one liners!

To break the ice, I ask everyone to introduce themselves. I say something like...please tell us your name, OR WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO BE CALLED TONIGHT, and what you would do with an extra $500 (or favorite product etc.) I will usually say my name is Marlene, but I would like to be called Doll, Dixie, Ginger or something funny like that. Everyone cracks up and they remember to call me whatever name I request! :D Or say, tell us your name, how you know our host and your weight. This gets everyone laughing! I then lead into "if you like the recipes we did tonight and you are worried about your weight...don't worry, we can do these same recipes at your show and make them low fat...we will all sit on the floor!" or "Did you know that you burn 3 calories every time you laugh? well you better get laughin cause this recipe is chocked full of calories."

I used to plan every word at first when I started pc. note cards are good. I don't really use them anymore. I still print out a few tips and the recipe. More spaced out then the cookbook. (You could keep different steps in different colors)
One more question to ask yourself is are you talking about booking a show and the host benefits atleast 3 times during your show? That has made a huge difference for me.

I you like to play games you could make up bingo cards with words to help keep you on track. Like step 1 uses the food chooper so use the word food chopper. Step 2 uses the cheese grater so use foil (wrap your cheese in foil), etc. I would love to email you this game if you are interested. It is also posted here.

I also think the more you use your oneliners the more fun you start having. For me as soon as I hit that point it just flows from there.

Marlene,
I love your icebreaker. I may have to use that.

Great!If anyone else has anymore oneliners that would be great.

If you do a search on this site there are a few documents with a bunch of one-liners on them. Just type one-liners into the search tool. They are alot of fun. If you can't find them let us know.

1. What are some tips for hosting a successful Pampered Chef show?

To host a successful show, it is important to invite a variety of guests, such as family, friends, and co-workers. It is also helpful to provide refreshments and create a welcoming atmosphere. Don't forget to promote the show beforehand and offer incentives for attendees!

2. How can I earn free products as a host?

As a host, you have the opportunity to earn free products through our generous host rewards program. By inviting guests and having a successful show, you can earn credits towards free products of your choice. The more guests and sales you have, the more credits you can earn!

3. Can I customize the menu for my show?

Yes, you can definitely customize the menu for your show! Our consultants can work with you to create a menu that fits your preferences and dietary restrictions. We also offer a variety of recipes and products to choose from, so you can find the perfect fit for your show.

4. What is the average duration of a Pampered Chef show?

A typical Pampered Chef show lasts around 2-3 hours, including time for socializing and ordering. However, the duration can vary depending on the number of guests and the menu you choose. Our consultants are trained to keep the show fun and engaging, so time will fly by!

5. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, you can reach out to a current consultant or visit our website for more information. We offer training and support to help you start your own successful Pampered Chef business. Join our team today and start sharing the joy of cooking with others!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies