• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Choose My Own Website Name?

In summary, when selecting a website address for a Pampered Chef website, it is important to include your first or last name in the address. The company does not allow the use of certain words or phrases in the address, such as their trademarked terms or phrases that imply representation of the company. As long as your chosen address is not already in use, you are able to pick it for yourself. It is recommended to choose something memorable and reflective of your business, such as your name or a related phrase. It is also possible to use your email address as your website address. You can still receive orders through your website even if you are currently inactive as a consultant.
pchefinski
When I am able to get a website (I'm currently inactive, but working to change that!), can I pick what goes in the blank -- as in www.pamperedchef.biz/______ ? Or do they pick it for you? i read somewhere that they were making it so you had to use your first initial and then your last name or something, but I'm so afraid that if I have to use /acukryznski NOBODY is going to get it right and I'll have a ton of problems with it. the reason i'm asking is because if i can pick it, then i'll think of something a little simpler, and I'll be able to order my self-inking stamps and business cards now instead of having to wait until after i go active again.

Amanda--My website address is still legal and I use my full first name and last initial. /sandrak That would be a good option for you /amandac I think that should be safe. They just want to discourage people from using a name that is so generic all web traffic would go to them like /shop or /products or something like that.

Amanda

i just got mine a couple months ago. i used /monicassite

I believe...that you have to include at least your first name or your last name in your site address. So you can come up with anything you want as long as your name is in it! Good luck on reactivating!

I believe you get to pick it completely as long as it is not already used.

Thanks :) Now, to submit a show so that I can go active again and start up my website (I'm assuming that's why I'm not able to bring up the link completely and get a website).. Guess I'll have to wait until I'm active again to order my business cards/stamp so that I'll be able to put my website on it. Aww Pickles!

I don't know the rules, but I use my email address (well, the first part before the @ sign) as my PWS address so people will remember both. It just so happens to be my last and first name.

I thought that PC was going to start cracking down on PWS names like:
/store
/onlinecatalog
/shopping
/shop

But all of those are still active!

I don't think people who already had those type of names had to change them, but they won't let new people use them. The website name can be anything, but you want to pick something everyone will remember. Mine happens to be cookingwithshawnna. I thought it was catchy and says what we do...we cook...but the sky is the limit for you. Be creative and have fun.

Shawnna

Ooo I like the idea of having your email & PWS the same.. so mine would be pamperedchef.biz/pcamanda do you think that would work? i tried to put it in as a site to go to, to see if it was taken, and it doesn't show anyone as having it. Do you think it'd be safe enough for me to order my biz cards/stamp with that as my PWS on them? or should I wait? I have a catalog show in the works right now, but my host hasn't closed it yet.. so I should be going active again quite soon.

can you still get orders off your website when you are inactive? i am also inactive and am trying to get a show booked for next weekend and am sure that some will order online. thanks!!

Monica,

I just looked in RFS and it doesn't say anything specifically about it. A call to Field Services is in order!

Of course...you can get web orders when you are inactive! These can help reactivate you adding to your $200 for reactivation! If you have paid for a website, you will be able to get orders any time...even if you are inactive!

The only people that can't get web orders are consultants that haven't qualified!

Here you go!
LindaK said:
I believe you get to pick it completely as long as it is not already used.

I thought I had read something about a name!! Here it is off of the website!

Internet/Web: Personal Web Site Addresses/Names
It’s important that Consultants represent themselves as independent sales people and in no way imply they represent The Pampered Chef® corporate office. Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address.

The part of the .biz address you customize may not include The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the company, or any derivation of such, for instance, the words “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc.

Consultants signing up for a new Personal Web Site will see these guidelines in message form on Consultant’s Corner. They will be programmed into our system for automatic enforcement. We are evaluating whether some Personal Web Site addresses violate the policy that Consultants not represent themselves as The Pampered Chef® company and will be initiating a call directly to those individuals who need to change their Web site names.

thanks for clarifying!! i was actually worried that i had paid for a website for nothing!! relief to know that i can still use it!!

1. What is the website name for Pampered Chef?

The website name for Pampered Chef is simply www.pamperedchef.com.

2. Can I purchase products directly from the website?

Yes, you can purchase products directly from the Pampered Chef website. Simply add items to your cart and proceed to checkout.

3. Is there a way to search for specific products on the website?

Yes, you can use the search bar at the top of the website to search for specific products by name or keyword.

4. Are there any discounts or promotions available on the website?

Yes, there are often discounts and promotions available on the website. You can check the "Special Offers" section for current deals or sign up for the newsletter to receive notifications.

5. How can I become a consultant through the website?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can click on the "Join" tab on the website and follow the instructions to sign up and start your own business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dexheimers
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dexheimers
  • topchef.heather
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
  • ChefJami83