• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question about website name

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
When I am able to get a website (I'm currently inactive, but working to change that!), can I pick what goes in the blank -- as in www.pamperedchef.biz/______ ? Or do they pick it for you? i read somewhere that they were making it so you had to use your first initial and then your last name or something, but I'm so afraid that if I have to use /acukryznski NOBODY is going to get it right and I'll have a ton of problems with it. the reason i'm asking is because if i can pick it, then i'll think of something a little simpler, and I'll be able to order my self-inking stamps and business cards now instead of having to wait until after i go active again.

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
Amanda--My website address is still legal and I use my full first name and last initial. /sandrak That would be a good option for you /amandac I think that should be safe. They just want to discourage people from using a name that is so generic all web traffic would go to them like /shop or /products or something like that.

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
I believe...

that you have to include at least your first name or your last name in your site address. So you can come up with anything you want as long as your name is in it! Good luck on reactivating!

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
Thanks :) Now, to submit a show so that I can go active again and start up my website (I'm assuming that's why I'm not able to bring up the link completely and get a website).. Guess I'll have to wait until I'm active again to order my business cards/stamp so that I'll be able to put my website on it. Aww Pickles!

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I don't know the rules, but I use my email address (well, the first part before the @ sign) as my PWS address so people will remember both. It just so happens to be my last and first name.

I thought that PC was going to start cracking down on PWS names like:
/store
/onlinecatalog
/shopping
/shop

But all of those are still active!

Shawnna

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
I don't think people who already had those type of names had to change them, but they won't let new people use them. The website name can be anything, but you want to pick something everyone will remember. Mine happens to be cookingwithshawnna. I thought it was catchy and says what we do...we cook...but the sky is the limit for you. Be creative and have fun.

Shawnna

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
Ooo I like the idea of having your email & PWS the same.. so mine would be pamperedchef.biz/pcamanda do you think that would work? i tried to put it in as a site to go to, to see if it was taken, and it doesn't show anyone as having it. Do you think it'd be safe enough for me to order my biz cards/stamp with that as my PWS on them? or should I wait? I have a catalog show in the works right now, but my host hasn't closed it yet.. so I should be going active again quite soon.

monica_sweetconsultant

Advanced Member
Silver Member
Jul 23, 2005
can you still get orders off your website when you are inactive? i am also inactive and am trying to get a show booked for next weekend and am sure that some will order online. thanks!!

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Monica,

I just looked in RFS and it doesn't say anything specifically about it. A call to Field Services is in order!

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
Of course...

you can get web orders when you are inactive! These can help reactivate you adding to your $200 for reactivation! If you have paid for a website, you will be able to get orders any time...even if you are inactive!

The only people that can't get web orders are consultants that haven't qualified!

fruit76loop

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2005
Here you go!

LindaK said:
I believe you get to pick it completely as long as it is not already used.

I thought I had read something about a name!! Here it is off of the website!

Internet/Web: Personal Web Site Addresses/Names
It’s important that Consultants represent themselves as independent sales people and in no way imply they represent The Pampered Chef® corporate office. Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address.

The part of the .biz address you customize may not include The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the company, or any derivation of such, for instance, the words “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc.

Consultants signing up for a new Personal Web Site will see these guidelines in message form on Consultant’s Corner. They will be programmed into our system for automatic enforcement. We are evaluating whether some Personal Web Site addresses violate the policy that Consultants not represent themselves as The Pampered Chef® company and will be initiating a call directly to those individuals who need to change their Web site names.