• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Torte Pans Necessary for Baking a Perfect Lime Torte?

In fact, spraying them with cooking spray and then lining them with parchment paper actually makes the process easier. The problem with stacking the torte layers in the pans is that the sides may crack if the parchment paper isn't cut to the correct size. Martha Stewart also mentioned
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Every time I see a recipe for the torte pans, it tells me to cut a piece of parchment and put it in the center. I'm not the most coordinated person in the world, and very bad at drawing and cutting straight, so I have never used the pans!

I'd like to use the lime torte recipe at a future show.

If they're non-stick, and you spray them, why do you need to bother with parchment?

I hear ya! I've been making those parchment circles and at the same time scratch my head as to why if they are non-stick, and I'm spraying them, that I need to! :DAs an experiment, this last time I made the Choc. PB Cup Torte, I just sprayed them and skipped using the parchment. I didn't notice a single difference. It was easier, one less step and then I didn't have to peel off the parchment. They releases beautifully from the pan, so I'm not sure why the parchment is needed.

It's actually really easy to cut circles. Just fold a square up like you would to make a snowflake. Then cut it at 4" (use your cutting board) which is half the size of the pan. When you unfold you should have a circle the right size.

I've never used parchment paper when using my torte pans..

Also the part of the pan that they want you to make the circle for is the thinnest part of the Torte & although it didn't stick last time you never know. If it should break apart, there will be very little to fix it up....HTH :)

There are directions on CC under "Downloads" section on how to cut the circles. I use to do it but now I just spray with Crisco with flour. No problems.

Since you fill that part, I wonder if it even would be noticeable if it wasn't perfect. :) The only trouble I do have is sliding the 2nd layer off the cooling rack to stack it on top of the first one that's in position on my platter. The last couple times, the sides cracked a little as I tried to get it in position.

I only made the PB torte once & I forget how I put them together.

babywings76 said:
Since you fill that part, I wonder if it even would be noticeable if it wasn't perfect. :) The only trouble I do have is sliding the 2nd layer off the cooling rack to stack it on top of the first one that's in position on my platter. The last couple times, the sides cracked a little as I tried to get it in position.

I use a discontinued product called the "lift and serve". I'm still scratching my head trying to figure our why they removed that product the same season they came out with the tortes that need to be lifted and moved!!! :(

I make the PB torte all the time and never cut the parchment paper the exact size every time. Sometimes it is a tad bit too big so I just trim it a little more. If it is a little too small that is ok as well. I have also had the problem of the sides of the brownie cracking but once you put it together it doesn't show, just be careful when you pick it up. Check out the video on on CC and practice using regular paper because parchment paper can get expensive if you practice on it. You could also cut out some kind of template on a piece of thin cardboard and use that to trace around it so you have the exact size. Good luck.

I have some Corelle dinnerware, and the salad plate is the exact size that you need for the parchment circles. I just grab one and trace around it!

straitfan said:
I use a discontinued product called the "lift and serve". I'm still scratching my head trying to figure our why they removed that product the same season they came out with the tortes that need to be lifted and moved!!! :(

I TOTALLY Agree! I use mine ALL the time.....;)

I have sent a suggestion to HO to have them come up with already cut up 8" or 9" circle of parchment paper but never heard back. That was last year. I think the PP also has to do with the moisture you want for your cake. I heard Martha Stewart talk about it once.

They say to use a large spreader now but I don't have one (for me, a "spreader" is a fancy name for a knife!) so I was thinking of using the mega scraper. I've made many layer cakes with my old pans and never had a problem moving them, but these are bigger! Also, mine are unique in that they have a removable bottom.

What are the dimensions of the Torte Pans?

The Torte Pans have a diameter of 9 inches and a depth of 2 inches.

Can the Torte Pans be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Torte Pans are safe to use in the microwave. However, it is recommended to only use them for reheating and not for cooking or baking.

What is the material of the Torte Pans?

The Torte Pans are made of heavy-duty steel with a non-stick coating for easy release of cakes and tortes.

Are the Torte Pans dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Torte Pans are dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong their lifespan.

Can I use the Torte Pans for savory dishes?

Yes, the Torte Pans can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. They are versatile and can be used for quiches, casseroles, and more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • KellyTheChef