1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about switching to new computer

1. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

getting my new computer set up (retiring my 2002 model, Can't wait to run P-3!!!). This one is pre-loaded with Mozilla. So how do I find my list of favorites that I had on my old Yahoo page. Yahoo loads, but it's all new.

Apr 5, 2009
  2. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Favorites are connected to the individual computer hard drive and so can't "migrate" over... Sorry... You'll just have to redo your list on your new computer.

Apr 6, 2009
  3. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

I know it's a little labor-intensive, but my recommendation would be to go on your old computer, hit each favorite and copy and paste the link into an email to yourself. Then open the email on your new computer, hit each link in the email and save it again as a favorite. Might save you some typing, with less likelihood for errors.

Apr 6, 2009
  4. Yes, there is a way, I've done it:

On the old computer go to the browser you used to have (you didn't mentioned which browser you used the Yahoo toolbar on) and you can Export or Backup your Favorites. On Mozilla this can be found under Bookmarks, Organize Bookmarks, Import and Backup and it will create a backup file you can email to yourself, open with the new computer, save it and then follow the same steps in Mozilla to Import. :)

5. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

Thank you!

Apr 6, 2009
  6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

If you used Firefox on your old computer, you can install an add-on called FoxMarks that saves your bookmarks to a separate server (password protected). Install it on both computers, and it'll sync them up. When I was working outside the home full time I used that so that I wouldn't have to remember something for after work when I found a cool site during the day.

Apr 6, 2009
Have something to add?