• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Stoneware Safe for Open Flame Cooking?

In summary, to clean stoneware, use hot water and mild dish soap, avoiding harsh chemicals and abrasive cleaners. For stubborn food residues, use a nylon scraper or non-metal brush. Our stoneware is safe for use in the microwave, but do not preheat it. It is also dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended. To season stoneware, rub with oil and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes. Avoid using metal utensils on stoneware, opting for nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils instead.
deanna_g
Does anyone know if the stoneware is safe to use on an open flame? Like on a grill or in a pizza oven?

No direct heat, but you can grill using indirect heat, by either turning off one side of the burners or moving the charcoal to one side.

FYI... Even this will void your warrany with PC HO.

It can be done but is not reccomended.

1. How do I clean my stoneware?

You can clean your stoneware with hot water and a mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the surface of the stoneware. If there are stubborn food residues, you can use a nylon scraper or a non-metal brush to gently remove them. Rinse the stoneware thoroughly and dry it with a towel before storing it.

2. Can I use my stoneware in the microwave?

Yes, our stoneware is safe to use in the microwave. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times and temperatures for your specific recipe. Do not preheat the stoneware in the microwave, as this can cause it to crack.

3. Can stoneware go in the dishwasher?

Our stoneware is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing it for longer lasting results. If you do choose to use the dishwasher, make sure to place the stoneware on the top rack and avoid using harsh detergents or high heat settings.

4. How do I season my stoneware?

Seasoning your stoneware is not necessary, but it can help prevent sticking and improve the non-stick properties over time. To season, rub a small amount of vegetable oil or shortening over the surface of the stoneware and bake it in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30 minutes. Let it cool before using it.

5. Can I use metal utensils on my stoneware?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils on stoneware as they can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick properties. Instead, use nylon, silicone, or wooden utensils to protect your stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • ChefDi
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • AmaraJ