• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the depth of a springform pan?

In summary, a springform pan is a type of baking pan with a removable bottom and latch on the side, making it ideal for delicate or layered desserts. It can also be used for savory dishes and should be hand washed and dried before storing. The size of the pan should be chosen based on the recipe and they are oven-safe up to 450°F.
aslion
I have a customer that has asked me how deep the springform pan is. I read the use & product guide and I can only find what the diameter is and the volume. I don't have one so I can't measure it. Could someone please help me out. Thank you.

I will go measure mine in a few minutes if nobody else responds first.

I can't find our tape measure, but it is the exact depth of my index finger.

Sorry, I forgot. It's a tad over 2 1/4 inches deep.

So I have a 2 1/4 inch index finger.

Thank You!

What is a springform pan and how is it different from a regular cake pan?

A springform pan is a type of baking pan that has a removable bottom and a latch on the side which allows the pan to expand and release the contents easily. This makes it ideal for baking delicate or layered desserts, as the sides can be easily removed without damaging the finished product.

Can I use a springform pan for savory dishes as well?

Yes, springform pans can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. They are great for making quiches, frittatas, and other savory tarts.

How do I properly clean and care for my springform pan?

To clean your springform pan, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils which can damage the non-stick coating. It is also important to dry the pan thoroughly before storing it. To prolong the life of your springform pan, avoid using metal knives or utensils on the surface and do not put it in the dishwasher.

What size springform pan should I use for my recipe?

The size of your springform pan will depend on your recipe and desired serving size. Our springform pans come in various sizes, typically ranging from 8 to 10 inches in diameter. If you are unsure, it is always better to go with a larger size pan to avoid overflowing or spilling of the batter.

Are springform pans oven-safe?

Yes, all of our springform pans are oven-safe and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific temperature limitations before using your pan in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76