• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Rotary Grater with a Larger Barrel for Coarser Grating?

In summary, a rotary grater is a kitchen tool used for grating a variety of foods, including hard and soft cheeses, vegetables, nuts, and fruits. It consists of a handle, rotating drum with sharp blades, and a hopper for inserting food. To use, simply turn the handle to grate the food into fine shreds. It is important to properly clean and not use the grater for slicing or chopping to avoid damage or injury. Safety precautions include using caution and a food holder, and placing the grater on a stable surface before use.
babieshay27
does anyone know if it comes with a different barrel that grates bigger than fine grating? I have a customer that wants to know before she buys it or do we carry a grater or something similiar that can grate cheese bigger than just finely shredded? Thank You

fine only~it just isn't made to do a grate any other way!

Yes, I believe the product comes with a variety of different barrels for different grating sizes. However, if you are looking for a larger grater, I would recommend checking with the manufacturer or looking for a separate grater that specializes in larger grating sizes. It's always best to double check before making a purchase to ensure it meets your specific needs.

What is a rotary grater and how does it work?

A rotary grater is a kitchen tool used for grating cheese, vegetables, and other foods. It consists of a handle, a rotating drum with sharp blades, and a hopper where the food is inserted. To use it, simply insert the food into the hopper and turn the handle to rotate the drum and grate the food into fine shreds.

What types of foods can be grated with a rotary grater?

A rotary grater can grate a variety of foods including hard and soft cheeses, vegetables such as carrots and zucchini, nuts, chocolate, and even citrus fruits for zest. However, it is not suitable for grating soft or watery foods like mozzarella or tomatoes.

How do I clean a rotary grater?

To clean a rotary grater, first disassemble the parts and rinse them in warm, soapy water. Use a small brush or toothbrush to remove any food debris stuck in the blades. Rinse and dry thoroughly before reassembling. Some rotary graters are also dishwasher safe.

Can a rotary grater be used for slicing or chopping?

No, a rotary grater is designed specifically for grating food and should not be used for slicing or chopping. Attempting to use it for other purposes may damage the blades or cause injury.

Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a rotary grater?

Yes, it is important to always use caution when using a rotary grater as the blades are very sharp. Keep fingers away from the blades while grating and use the food holder provided to protect your hands. Also, make sure to place the grater on a stable surface before using to prevent accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKeender
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefheidi2003