1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Question about rings

1. Muppetgal

Muppetgal Member Silver Member

I'm in the UK and all of our ring recipes use Sara Lee Croissant ready rolled dough.

I have been having difficulty finding it so have been replacing it with puff pastry. Well FINALLY I found some and did a ring with it for our dinner last night. I have to be honest, I thought the croissant dough was too heavy and buttery so didn't enjoy it at all.

What do you use in North America?

Jan 24, 2006
  2. chefautumn

chefautumn Member

I'm actually in Germany, but I shop at an american store and we use Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Thats pretty customary for all rings, braids, etc. made by PC consultants :p . I know we can by them regular, light or butter. I normally use light and I think it tastes fantastic. See if you have those available to you, If not I would just keep using the puff pastry if thats what works for you.

Have a good day! :)

Jan 24, 2006
  3. jujubug

jujubug Novice Member

Pillsbury

In N. America we use Pillsbury brand for most of our breading: croissant, pizza crust ... good luck finding it!

Jan 24, 2006
Have something to add?