• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Returns and Old Ultimate Slice and Grate

unless it was something that was on sale. So, even if she had the old one, she would not be able to upgrade it to the new model. Sorry to hear that she is having problems with it!
jenniferlynne
Ok, all at once it seems like everyone is having problems with some products. In one week I had 4 people either call me about something or bring something back to me.

Does HO like me to put all these into one email, or email each one seperate?

My Aunt bought the old Ultimate Slice and Grate. From day one her and her husband complained about it even though they are huge PC fans. It turns out, she said that the triangle piece on the guard keeps coming out when she tries to slice something. I do not have the old one, so I don't know if this is normal or not. She is hoping I can send it back and then she can pay the difference to get the new one. Anyone know if that part is supposed to come out, or if it is, how easily it is supposed to come out? It doesn't take much effort to get hers to pull out.

I would suggest getting her to upgrade to the new one - if anything, it is MUCH safer! I just had a customer call me about it today, too! She wanted help on how to use it and I offered the upgrade. I have a call in to HO (3 hour wait :eek) and will ask them how we go about trading it. I would prefer to put her order for the UM on my open show and then get her a refund for the USG...let's hope!

jenniferlynne said:
Ok, all at once it seems like everyone is having problems with some products. In one week I had 4 people either call me about something or bring something back to me.

Does HO like me to put all these into one email, or email each one seperate?

My Aunt bought the old Ultimate Slice and Grate. From day one her and her husband complained about it even though they are huge PC fans. It turns out, she said that the triangle piece on the guard keeps coming out when she tries to slice something. I do not have the old one, so I don't know if this is normal or not. She is hoping I can send it back and then she can pay the difference to get the new one. Anyone know if that part is supposed to come out, or if it is, how easily it is supposed to come out? It doesn't take much effort to get hers to pull out.

I tried putting a bunch of adjustments into one email last week and it just got the people at HO all confused -- so I recommend ONE email per adjustment.

Last edited:
Ok, how do you guys "offer an upgrade"?

Someone on here does returns in one box with all the reference #'s on the outside of the box. However I do agree with the one email per adjustment that Carolyn suggested!

If the USG is still under warranty, I offer to do an adjustment and have them pay the difference for the UM. I also offer that they can get their $ back (I believe it might have to go towards a purchase) for the USG and get a new UM at 60% off by hosting a show this month.

Oh, and if the USG is not under warranty, I would offer the show and tell them that I would give them an extra discount on the UM host special if they got to $300 in sales or something along those lines.

janetupnorth said:
Ok, how do you guys "offer an upgrade"?

Tell them we have a new version and all the different ways they can get it.

I would recommend one email per adjustment.

I have sent mulitple products back in the same box. I didn't write numbers on the outside, but did tag each item with its respective reference # with post it notes. Everything worked out fine on that one.

Ok, thanks - didn't know if we had a "special offer" to get rid of the old finger dicers or what? LOL!

cmdtrgd said:
Oh, and if the USG is not under warranty, I would offer the show and tell them that I would give them an extra discount on the UM host special if they got to $300 in sales or something along those lines.

It is for sure still under warranty, I just wasn't sure if it was even broken since I don't have the old one myself. I have no idea if that triangle piece is supposed to come out that easily if at all! Anyone know? If it is broke, she does want to upgrade and pay the difference if they will let her.

My understanding from past experience is that your customers cannot trade up on anything that was not available at the time they purchased the original product. Of course, I never thought to just ask for a return of the item for refund though. Ugh.

jenniferlynne said:
It is for sure still under warranty, I just wasn't sure if it was even broken since I don't have the old one myself. I have no idea if that triangle piece is supposed to come out that easily if at all! Anyone know? If it is broke, she does want to upgrade and pay the difference if they will let her.

It is not supposed to come out. I would return it and get the new version.
You may just have to get a refund on the current one the purchase the new one.
How long has she had the USG? Les than a year she can get a full refund. Within 5 years they will replace it (do not kow for sure how this works since it has been restyled)

I think they will send her a brand new US & G. We have had the mandoline for a year already I think (wasn't it Spring?) so they just replace the original product with another of the same product, not the UM. I would suggest having her host her own show and getting one for a WAY better price than she bought the USG for!

1. Can I return an old Ultimate Slice and Grate for a refund?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If you are not completely satisfied with your Ultimate Slice and Grate, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund.

2. How do I initiate a return for my Ultimate Slice and Grate?

You can initiate a return by contacting our customer service team at 1-800-XXX-XXXX or by filling out our online return form. We will provide you with a return label to send the product back to us.

3. Can I exchange my old Ultimate Slice and Grate for a new one?

Yes, if your Ultimate Slice and Grate is defective or damaged, we can provide you with a replacement. Please contact our customer service team for assistance.

4. What is the warranty on the Ultimate Slice and Grate?

The Ultimate Slice and Grate comes with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. If you experience any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Can I return my Ultimate Slice and Grate if I no longer have the original packaging?

Yes, as long as the product is in its original condition and you have proof of purchase, you can still return your Ultimate Slice and Grate for a refund or exchange. However, please note that a restocking fee may apply.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cla519
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cla519
  • Molly Jo
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
lisa717
Replies